Tactacam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam

Is anybody using one of these? Which model do you have and would you buy another or go a different route?
    Have a GoPro Hero and having a hard time with it. Also seen a “Rush Cam” by Covert. Anybody have any experience with it? Wanting to film my hog hunts in low light or night time conditions. Have hog lights set up on feeder but nothing can be seen on video.

Need some ideas.

Thanks

@fishndude

Comment

Chris I just bought one off of here recently. Haven't used it yet but your more than welcome to try it out. I'll call you tomorrow.

Comment

Easily attach to your air gun.

Comment

I use one. They work pretty well in my opinion. I have the 4.0 model with 5x zoom. I have several videos of shooting pigs/deer from bow and rifle. Battery stays charged for a while, camera is light, and very easy to use. The 5.0's are even better. I'd personally like to have a couple more.

Comment

Originally posted by antlers86 View Post
            chris i just bought one off of here recently. Haven't used it yet but your more than welcome to try it out. I'll call you tomorrow.
            👍🏻🐗👍🏻🐗

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
              I use one. They work pretty well in my opinion. I have the 4.0 model with 5x zoom. I have several videos of shooting pigs/deer from bow and rifle. Battery stays charged for a while, camera is light, and very easy to use. The 5.0's are even better. I'd personally like to have a couple more.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

I bought the 5.0 and the remote last year - the quality of the videos is outstanding, especially when watching 4K video on a 4K TV.

I have several of the gun mounts that clamp under the barrel plus a couple that mount on a picatinny rail. The under the barrel mounts works ok on a rifle barrel, I’m a bit hesitant putting it on the thiner wall 20ga barrel.

I have a Vortex Razor red dot on my new 20ga SA-20 semi-auto and the short Tactacam rail mount clears it just fine and is what I’ll use during my upcoming turkey hunt.

Their instructions suck but once you find the settings, you can set things up to your preferences. It seemed like there was some battery drain even when the unit was off and in my backpack. Now I pull the batteries and keep them in a separate pouch.

Tacticam is suppose to be coming out with their new Film Thru the Scope option shortly which mounts over a scopes ocular and is suppose to sell for $120 or so. I’ll have to have one as soon as they’re available.

Comment

Working...
                X