Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else shocked with their 2018 tax return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours didn't change but with kids, farm and business my deductions are pretty substantial

Comment

My daughter called me asking why she wasn't getting back money this year. Told her welcome to the real world, you are now making very good money as an icu RN, no kids, no house, no deductions.....told her the free sh** army thanks her.

Comment

Haven’t done mine yet. Ex-wife gets it anyway so her bar hoping can wait awhile now.

Comment

I use FreeTaxUSA and it asks questions I never thought about.

I might have owed $200 to Federal this year but I got $600 plus back from the State due to the Homestead Credit.

I just don’t like having to pay taxes on part of my SS when it was a tax on my income to begin with when they were taking it out.

Comment

Made more money this year along with two 1099s and got back about the same as last year.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by tazhunter0 View Post
              Haven’t done mine yet. Ex-wife gets it anyway so her bar hoping can wait awhile now.
              sounds like you need to adjust your W-4.....

Comment

I owed about $700 the last 5 years. Hoping to break even this year

I'll know Saturday

Comment

We got back more this year but we also purchased another home. Even without the purchase we would have gotten the close if not the same as what we got last year. I pay a little extra every paycheck in taxes which for me is my safety net. Not sure it really makes a difference but we have gotten back more each year as time goes on. I don’t try and claim anything absurd, I know some of my friends do. I haven’t heard about their returns it will be interesting to see how they make out this year.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                    My daughter called me asking why she wasn't getting back money this year. Told her welcome to the real world, you are now making very good money as an icu RN, no kids, no house, no deductions.....told her the free sh** army thanks her.

This made me laugh. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Something isnt adding up.

Comment

Oh, and to make it better, she is a neuro ICU nurse at Parkland in Dallas and gets to see the free sh** army every day !!!!

Comment

Between my wife and myself we made just enough to put us in a higher bracket, and with no kids and no real deductions this year we expected to pay in but instead received 1800 back.

Comment

....told her the free sh** army thanks her.
                            Doubt that very much. They probably b**** all the way to the grocery store saying they got to live on this measly pittance, but I figure she got the drift.

Comment

I pay attention to tax law changes so I don’t get shocked. It’s the prudent thing to do.

Comment

Being able to keep more of the money I earn all year long is a good thing. If you depend on a big tax return every season you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X