New septic leach line cost ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New septic leach line cost ??

Anyone have any idea what the cost would be to install about 150ft of new leach lines on an existing septic system? Wide open pasture.

TTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following along.. may have to do this at a house I’m selling..

Comment

Shouldn’t be more than 1500.00

I did my own on my new barn. Shouldn’t have to go 150ft if you can dig deep enough to hit sand.

Comment

Depends if you get that Kubota going or not....

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
            Depends if you get that Kubota going or not....

I don’t think that bucket will dig trenches very well!

Comment

that you can do your self rent a ditch witch or a mini backhoe
              get a load or two of pretty good size gravel and some 4 inch
              perforated drain pipe . dig at least two to three feet deep then put in a good bed of gravel.
              them drain pipe. cover pipe with tar paper. then cover with the dirt you took out of ditch Show wife how to operated ditchwitch or back
              hoe and them watch the fun
              if you do it your self shouldn't be over 1k
              Last edited by clay4626; 03-26-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

It’s easy. Back hoe, pipe, rock, and build some pipe hangers out of rebar to easily set your fall in the pipe. I did 400’ for my grandpa a while back. Took a weekend worth of work working at his pace.

Comment

Originally posted by clay4626 View Post
                  that you can do your self rent a ditch witch or a mini backhoe

get a load or two of pretty good size gravel and some 4 inch

perforated drain pipe . dig at least two to three feet deep then put in a good bed of gravel.

them drain pipe. cover pipe with tar paper. then cover with the dirt you took out of ditch Show wife how to operated ditchwitch or back

hoe and them watch the fun

if you do it your self shouldn't be over 1k

I’m thinking of going this route. Got quoted $2160 today to do it. My math shows $725 to do it myself. That includes renting the mini-excavator. Doesn’t include the beer though[emoji12]

Comment

I would go the backhoe route that way you can move dirt and rock with the bucket. You can also finish the dirt work out nicer with the bucket. Where you located I’ll give you a hand if your close.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                      I would go the backhoe route that way you can move dirt and rock with the bucket. You can also finish the dirt work out nicer with the bucket. Where you located I’ll give you a hand if your close.

I’m in Hallsville.

Comment

Another option rather than gravel is EZ lay pipe. It is about 12" tubes of styrofoam peanuts. One has a perforated pipe in it. 2 more sit under it like a pyramid or beside it. The peanuts function like gravel. It is exceptionally easy to install. You can buy it at HD or lowes but I don't think they carry the tubes with just peanuts for extra capacity. They just have the tubes with the perforated pipe in them. When i was doing installs, we bought it from a pipe supply place.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                          Another option rather than gravel is EZ lay pipe. It is about 12" tubes of styrofoam peanuts. One has a perforated pipe in it. 2 more sit under it like a pyramid or beside it. The peanuts function like gravel. It is exceptionally easy to install. You can buy it at HD or lowes but I don't think they carry the tubes with just peanuts for extra capacity. They just have the tubes with the perforated pipe in them. When i was doing installs, we bought it from a pipe supply place.
                          Any idea how much that stuff runs per foot? Hauling gravel is going to be a pain.

Comment

Shop NDS 4-in x 10-ft Corrugated French Drain Pipe in the Corrugated Drainage Pipe department at Lowe's.com. Dry out saturated, wet, and spongy soil with EZ Drain™ Gravel-Free French Drain System, an underground drainage solution that captures and redirects high

I can't remember what we used to pay for the stuff from the pipe supply but I would imagine it was much cheaper than lowes/HD.

Here's a random supplier I pulled up.
                            For over 50 years, BARR Plastics has served North America with plastic storage tanks, food grade bins, containers, accessories, docks, rainwater harvesting, custom plastic welding & fabrication, brine anti-icing, dust control, stormwater management systems, septic tanks & treatment systems.

Comment

I added to mine with that Leanmachine posted. Probably 10 years ago or more. Hand dug the ditch...

Comment

Working...
                              X