Krivoman's North Texas Buck 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoman's North Texas Buck 2018

Well Since I posted my Sons hunt earlier in the week I figured I would post mine today. When we went up their for his Senior trip- hunt, I was not planning on hunting. I did take my boy in case they needed some Doe patrol or need a crappy cull taken out. Once I got there I was approached about this buck and another one. They decided they needed some more deer blinds, and wouldn't you know it, I build blinds. So a deal was struck, and my Carbon Hoyt came out of hibernation. I orgianally started hunting a freak deer that was large, but had one really messed up side. When he shed off the previous year some of his skull came with his horn which in turned screwed up this years horns.. After a couple sits I decided to switch gear and go after an older deer. A massive narrow main frame 9 with some extras. I am a mass Guy and this deer just has tons of it.

I started after this deer with a morning sit. I did not see anything but a doe and a fawn that first morning. That afternoon he came in like he owned the place. Until he hit my scent cone. The wind was blowing from my back right to my front left. It was also bouncing around a bit in this timber. I had 2 windows open on the Krivoman blind. The ozonics was going and doing its best to keep him around, but he eventually got enough to walk off. Got some great footage, but no shot was offered. The next day he once again no showed me, but other bucks came in. It was a great sit but just did not see my target deer.

The forecast had predicted that at 10am a major cold front with crazy winds was supposed to hit. At 10:02 it did. A wave of cold air hit us hard. It was a welcome change and temps dropped. I decided to climb in the blind early today. By 4:30 i was in. Good thing because shortly after 5 he walks in. This time he spent 22 minutes stairing at the blind from 45 yards. I was prepared for him and had all the windows closed. I am not sure why he stared so long but I am glad the windows were close. He was on edge the hole time. A very skittish deer. He finally made his way around the back side of the feeder then to the left side. When he was not looking I opened my window really fast. I moved Camera and decided I was taking first shot presented.

I had ranged several trees around the feeder. One was at 21 and the other was at 27. He tried to eat corn facing strait on, but got nervous and turned to walk away and stopped quartering away really hard to the left. I came to full draw and was about to release. Then he walked a little further away and turned quartering away to the right. I looked up for a second to see the tree on the left. I thought it was my 21 tree. Wrong, it was my 27 tree. So my low lung top heart shot turned into a Very Low hit. My nocturnal did not light up so that did not help either. For a minute after the shot I thought I missed by the way he was acting. Then I saw him limping and knew I hit him. You can not tell from video, but I was looking at him with Binos when he was walking off. He had a huge hole and blood coming out. But at the time I was not sure if the big hole was about the sternum or below it. So I called the guide who showed up quick for us to make a follow up shot with a rifle. Once we got to the deer we realized that the shot broke 3 ribs and just went above the sternum but under the heart. He would have been dead there in the morning, but we had know way of knowing this by the video.

He is a spectacular deer and is by far my biggest bow buck. Pictures are awesome, but they still do not do him justice. You just can not get a good grasp on the mass. He has 44.6 inches of mass and is only 13.6 inches wide. Lots happening in a tiny little space...

Here is the Video

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	25162102

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	25162103

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	25162104

Name:	Krivoman 1.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	25162105

That's one heck of a buck. Congrats

Comment

Dang Mitch. That is a beast. I love those high horned bucks. Congrats. We just lost two Krivo blinds in the Junction flood. Be in touch soon.

Comment

What a bruiser!

Comment

Goodness Mitch....you boys put a lot of bone on the ground this hunt. Congrats on a couple of really nice bucks!!

Comment

Congratulations! One heck of a buck!

Comment

Great deer!

Comment

Super great buck and he has a gorgeous cape!!

Comment

very nice! congrats!

Comment

Man on man y’all did pretty good. Congrats Mitch

Comment

Man what a hoss, Only time I've seen that much mass on a deers head was on the wall at Bass Pro.

Congrats on a trip to remember!

Comment

Heck of a deer. High and tight

Comment

Congratulations to both of y’all.

Comment

Hell of a deer! Congrats

Skinny

Comment

Congrats Mitch awesome deer for both you and your boy. Are you heading to any Houston area shows next year? If so I may see if you can throw an extra blind on. I never get down that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X