No announcement yet.

Frustrating tire dealers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my BFG KO2s. Just bought a new set. Tough tough.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aac_shooter View Post
      I would bet they are pushing for BFG because they are MAST (Michelin America’s Small Tire) dealers and they get a decent amount of money on the back end for meeting program numbers. BFG counts towards their program.
      I would try the Falken AT3W. I attended a ride and drive for their tires and was pleasantly surprised. If you are going higher end look at the Nitto Ridge Grappler.
      Probably as they where also pushing Michelin Atx2 which is nothing like a M/T
      That is my frustration feeling played or steered by corporate sales goals, and relying on sales representatives
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-06-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I ran Goodyear duratracs and they wore like steel and everybody that road in my vehicle commented on how quiet they were for how aggressive they looked

Comment

I have a set of Toyo MTs that have more than 50% left that will rattle your teeth. Yeah they look cool, but that is it. 33×12.5×20, I will make you a great deal on them. I have had Duratracks and I would say they are just a touch quieter than the Toyos. I rotate these tires every oil change. I am going back to an AT. I do not think the MTs have any better traction where I hunt. Our landowner would be ****** if everyone was slinging mud like it would take to clean out lugs. So we are all slipping around like a slick. BfG ATs dont look that great but they ride awesome. I am looking for tires now so if anyone on the board has a hookup please PM me!! I am between Nitto Ridge and the new General grabber, unless something better is to be had cheaper.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got nitro terra grapplers on mine and I have no complaints. BFG doesn’t have a warranty on their ATs. The terra grapplers do at 50k miles with 275/75/18. They’re a quiet tire and will get you in and outta what I’ve put them through and trust me they’ve been tested with all this rain....they will be what my next set is

Comment

I also had a set of cooper ATs and cooper MTs on my old truck and both sucked on the road. The MTs though looked good and performed awesome. But cooper has been nothing but junk on the road with them. Never get a penny from me again

Comment

I’ve ran 3 sets of tires the last 10 years 2 sets were Toyo MT’s and one set were Nitto trail grapplers and both were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran 2 sets of STT Pros on my 2015 F-350 with a mix of city driving and highway towing. Got 50K out of both sets and never had an issue with road noise but they never sounded like a street tire either....

Comment

Your money your decision

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                      Ditch them both and buy some cooper SST pro. Best tire I’ve ever owned.
                      Annnnnnnnnd there you go.

Comment

Bought a new truck in 2000 and ran the factory tires in the summer and Buckshot Mudders in the winter. They both wore out about the same time (about 4 years). Replaced both with a set of BFG AT's and have run nothing else since.

Comment

Generals suck. These guys are not trying to mislead you. Bfg is simply a much better tire by a long shot. MTs will get old quick if you spend much time on the road.

Comment

I just put these on my work truck

Goodyear Wrangler Ultraterrain. It’s a new design exclusively for Discount Tire. I can’t comment on longevity but traction on muddy roads is much improved over the worn-out Cooper ATPs I had. It only took 25-30k and my coopers were bald.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              Generals suck. These guys are not trying to mislead you. Bfg is simply a much better tire by a long shot. MTs will get old quick if you spend much time on the road.
                              Yep your money get what you want. But general tires “in general” suck

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                                I ran Goodyear duratracs and they wore like steel and everybody that road in my vehicle commented on how quiet they were for how aggressive they looked
                                This!

Comment

Working...
                                X