Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Panhandle Hunting Thread (6th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, Tbone!

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
      Hemphill county buck I killed this evening. Thanks to txpanhandle32 for the pictures and helping me load this toad. He was heavy!
      What a fantastic buck.
      Big congrats!

Originally posted by Hi-Lonesome View Post
      Spot and stock mule deer I got this morning. Spotted this guy and a group of does on the ranch's breaks. Had to hike around them through a canyon and once I reach the top they were about 200 yards out on the breaks of the opposite canyon. Dropped him in his tracks with the savage .308. Northwest Wheeler county.
      Beautiful buck, congrats

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
      Well, right when I said I wasn’t seeing any mature deer this guy shows up.

k
      That deer is awesome!
      He’s gonna score big..
      Congratulations

Originally posted by Duzy View Post

Nephew took a nice one this evening.

I get to...
      Congrats to your nephew

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
      saw some young bucks and took this old guy out in dickens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Congrats Tbone.

I was in Alabama visiting my Dad and y’all got busy.
      All these great bucks have me wanting to see if any new jumbo’s are in my pasture.

Happy for all of you.

Comment

Wifey got it done this weekend. A good one to take. Very proud of her.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

And a whale of an ole pig...

Comment

Congrats to the wife on a great buck and a bid old boar! She done good!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              On our place between Jayton and Rotan we are having our worst season ever. Very few does, very few mature bucks (the drought from a few years back is showing) and there are no fawns. Still green on low vegetation and a full moon made this weekend an almost total bust.
              One deer came to corn and it was a 6 point with no browtines. Busted him at 16 yards with a 125 Ramcat. Holes thru the heart make for a short, 50 yard tracking job. He is now at the processor and having him made into jerky for our landowners. Cape is going to my taxidermist friend for a spare.
              Not sure what to expect for the rest of the year. Even the pigs have dissappeared except gor dome a night.

Agreed, we are seeing 3 to 1 bucks to does right now, a lot of young bucks. Not seeing few if any yearlings. I’ve heard the same reports on the previous fawn crop which is weird with the pitchfork pushing doe tags this year. The buck I shot didn’t have a ounce of fat on him. I think that if winter gets as bad as they say it may be a really bad year for deer. Deer were moving good all weekend with hit and miss rut action. They don’t feed protein on the pasture I hunt and the deer look in poor shape.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                Wifey got it done this weekend. A good one to take. Very proud of her.

Justin tell Melissa I said great deer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                  Justin tell Melissa I said great deer!!

Sure will!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    On our place between Jayton and Rotan we are having our worst season ever. Very few does, very few mature bucks (the drought from a few years back is showing) and there are no fawns. Still green on low vegetation and a full moon made this weekend an almost total bust.
                    One deer came to corn and it was a 6 point with no browtines. Busted him at 16 yards with a 125 Ramcat. Holes thru the heart make for a short, 50 yard tracking job. He is now at the processor and having him made into jerky for our landowners. Cape is going to my taxidermist friend for a spare.
                    Not sure what to expect for the rest of the year. Even the pigs have dissappeared except gor dome a night.
                    We are in a similar situation very few 6-7 yr old deer. The few mature deer we have...have been incognito for the last month or so. Never see many doe near feeders but am seeing plenty and some fawns while driving. The late rains have things pretty wonky. This weekend was hit and miss with the moon. One evening I had 5 deer walk past feeder and 5 acres of wheat and never stop. One evening I had 14 deer on wheat at the same time. Lots of good 3-4 yr old up and comers. We still have 6 weeks left. They'll start moving better when the last natural browser dies and the cold hits for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
                      Well, right when I said I wasn’t seeing any mature deer this guy shows up.

NIIIIIIICE I am going to have to just repeat that constantly to myself the rest of the season and see if it works for me also. lol I no see no old bucks, I no see no old bucks lol!!!

Comment

Well the girlfriend loaded up on a few firsts this year. First kill, first hog, first deer. I was pretty proud she took the buck at 420 yards!
                        Attached Files

Comment

my 10 year old son killed his first buck ever last weekend in Wichita County, I cant post the pic for some reason, but it was an older buck with a big body.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                            Well the girlfriend loaded up on a few firsts this year. First kill, first hog, first deer. I was pretty proud she took the buck at 420 yards!
                            Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt-R View Post
                              my 10 year old son killed his first buck ever last weekend in Wichita County, I cant post the pic for some reason, but it was an older buck with a big body.
                              Pm sent. Send me the pics and I'll post them for you.

Comment

JBJTS81--

Congratulations to your wife on getting a really nice buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X