My wife was blind...until yesterday's find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife was blind...until yesterday's find

My wife is always complaining about her eyesight and battling with contacts and glasses. Yesterday we were in Centerville at our property and I asked her if she wanted to walk with me to the back to see if there were any hogs on the feeder. Surprisingly she agreed and I grabbed a rifle and we started walking down the road from camp.

We hadn't even made it 20 yards from the back of one of our cabins when she stopped, poked around with her foot and picked up something.

Since I have been known to play a practical joke from time to time (news to me), the first words out of her mouth were, " Are you screwing with me?". I said I don't know what you're talking about. So she said you've got to be screwing with me and you put this down here so I would find it and now you're acting all shocked. But when I went over and looked at what she had, I was in shock.

I've been looking for any signs that there might be artifacts on our property. We have a live creek and a couple potential campsites that I would bet were hiding some arrowheads or something.

But needless to say I was looking in all the wrong places.

Here's what she found.

Of course I had to send the pictures to Garguy, our local East Texas expert on the subject.

He got the wife all stirred up when he said...

"I like it. Probably intended as a knife. The patina indicates it's pretty old. Early archaic or paleo so roughly 5000 yrs or older. Cool find. Congrats to her. There will be more. Man it has a nice patina. It was a translucent caramel chert when made. All the white is patina. Likely hafted in a big bone handle."

Anyway, I had given up on finding anything myself. But Mary, who has never shown any interest, is now walking around with her head down looking at the ground and kicking the dirt every 5 seconds. [emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Cool find

Comment

You're gonna be in big trouble when she sees you in the light!!!! Lol

Great find!!! Congrats to her!!

Comment

Man that’s awesome. I really hope to find something on our place.

Comment

You’re married?!?! There’s a special place in heaven for that poor woman!

Cool find

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
            You’re married?!?! There’s a special place in heaven for that poor woman!

Cool find
            Her being blind and partially deaf has really helped ease the transition in the marriage for her.

Comment

That’s cool....Nice find right there. She did good.

Comment

Outstanding find, congratulations to your wife. Keep looking, bound to be more on your place, good luck.

Comment

Congrats to the wife. Great find!

Comment

Hiding in plain sight. Good find.

Comment

Thats an awesome find!

She thought you would play a practical joke...... where in the world did she get that idea????

Comment

Great point!

Comment

Thats awesome!!! Great find!

Comment

Even more impressive is that’s a left handed model.

Comment

Awesome find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X