Auto insurance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto insurance.

I am looking for auto insurance ideas. Me and the other half are paying 230 for a 2015 Lexus she pays on and I have a old shot box Toyota 90s model that I don’t owe a thing on. We are both over 25. Seems like it’s a lot. Anyone have a suggestion. I don’t mind paying a little bit for good service. When you need it you need it. I don’t want the run around when it’s claim time.

I pay $143 a month with geico.
    2016 Honda Civic- full coverage
    2005 Honda Civic- liability
    2007 fj cruiser- full coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good lord I pay $2700 a year for a 2017 GT350 and 2012 F250 living in Houston. I think your price is way high unless you live in like the SA ghetto.

I've am with Safeco, made 2 claims for windshields and 1 for a side window that got busted out. Never had any issues with claims.

Comment

Good grief some of you guys are paying way too much I pay $265/month for all
        of the following:

2020 Lexus RX
        2103 Lexus IS250
        2012 Ram 2500
        Golf Cart
        (2) personal articles policies

Coverages at 100/300/50
        Deductibles 100/500

State Farm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yea I haven’t had a ticket in 12-13 years. GF never had one. What a rip. I have been contacted by a TBH member. Hopefully I will come out on top. Need to prob do something with my home owners and maybe get the mule on there too.

Comment

I’m with geico, have had several uninsured motorist claims, and another not at fault wreck. We have two kids driving with a total of 5 vehicles on the policy. All claims went extremely smooth.
            I have zero complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The thing that yall have to remember is that every scenario is different. Rates are based on an insurance score. That score is derived from some bean counters algorithm that includes debit to income, claims history, age, zip code and about 15 other factors. Every company uses it, every company is out to play the odds and make money. Yall see it monthly in a bill, I see it everyday in a day claims report!!! These fly by night companies with named driver policies are driving prices through the roof, IMHO.

OP... ill shoot you a PM, maybe we can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Good grief some of you guys are paying way too much I pay $265/month for all
                of the following:

2020 Lexus RX
                2103 Lexus IS250
                2012 Ram 2500
                Golf Cart
                (2) personal articles policies

Coverages at 100/300/50
                Deductibles 100/500

State Farm

Just curious, why would a person insure a golf cart? Do golf cars have full coverage/liability only policies?

Comment

Check Germania.

Comment

I’ve been selling insurance for 39 years now. Forget what everybody else says they are paying! Your cost will be calculated on YOUR specific scenario. Factors that contribute the most to the pricing is your age (forget age 25, it is no longer the MAGIC NUMBER it used to be), your specific autos and coverage you elect, your insurance score (aka your credit level), where you live ( San Antonio is HIGH), companion policy discounts, your driving record, and on and on. With that said, absolutely check around. Not all companies are charging the same rates at any given time.

Comment

I'd do it for passengers and others driving golf cart. Never know when someone hits a car or flips it.

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      Just curious, why would a person insure a golf cart? Do golf cars have full coverage/liability only policies?

Comment

I shop hard every few years for our families insurance (5 drivers with 3 under 25), home, boats, etc.. I moved over to Safeco in 2018 and saving $600 per month in doing so across all our insurance, Daughter has since rolled off and boys will in next 24 months as well, so at that point I will probably go back out to market and re-test things.
                        Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I insured it mainly for theft but it actually does carry full coverage as well. It’s dirt cheap so why not. I suppose if you are using it on plunking roads it would probably be a good idea anyway and it’s dirt cheap.

Comment

Do you guys carry full coverage on your trucks and kids cars if they are paid off?

I currently do, 2015 Ram 2500 and 2009 Lexus IS250 pay 320 a month. It was 120 a month until I added my daughter to policy.

This is with TFB Montgomery county

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by hoythunter02; 06-18-2021, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                              Do you guys carry full coverage on your trucks and kids cars if they are paid off?

I currently do, 2015 Ram 2500 and 2009 Lexus IS250 pay 320 a month. It was 120 a month until I added my daughter to policy.

This is with TFB Montgomery county

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              We do. Unless you have the cash to replace a car that has been totaled.

Comment

Working...
                              X