Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have y’all done about this before??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What have y’all done about this before??

I’m 90% positive something is dead somewhere. It’s either in the wall or ceiling or under slab.

When the door is shut I get a small whiff of something dead. When I return to room. With door open it dissipates.

I can’t track it down to save my life. There isn’t attic above this room but the joist do run over to an attic space so something could get into the ceiling.

Previous owners have a lot of those little mouse bait stations thrown all over the place in main attic.

The reason I think it’s possible to be under the slab is because when I ripped the old deck up to replace it, I found a tunnel that went under the house that was about 10” in Diameter and 6’ long that I filled in. I’m thinking it’s possible something was still in there.

Is it possible that if something was still In there when I filled, it died and the smell is coming up thru slab?? I’m positive my slab has a vapor barrier. I find it hard to believe that the smell would travel thru the vapor barrier and 4-5” of concrete and flooring.......

Do I just ride this thing out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wait it out.... It will eventually go away.

Comment

Bathroom near by ??? Could have a wax ring not sealing up completely and have a little sewer odor seeping out.

Comment

I just go buy more lime.....

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
          Bathroom near by ??? Could have a wax ring not sealing up completely and have a little sewer odor seeping out.

I’ve done the sniff test on all that stuff. I did check that thou.

This smells like something dead. Not really sewer.

Comment

Frustrating! Usually impossible to find. Wait it out. You'll get used to the smell for a while, then you'll realize it's gone.

Comment

I'd bury the body better next time.

Comment

It's your mother-in-law

Comment

Is something can permeate the slab you have bigger issues. :-)

Comment

It'll go away. We have suffered through some of those smells a couple of times in the past. Never could get a definite location and didn't want to start punching holes in the wall. Had some siding work done a few years later and found a couple of squirrel skeletons behind the siding. They had gotten in there somehow- never could figure out how. Haven't had it happen again in several years.

Comment

any buzzards circling?

Comment

Any chance you have a tiny natural gas/propane leak?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelmat View Post
                          It'll go away. We have suffered through some of those smells a couple of times in the past. Never could get a definite location and didn't want to start punching holes in the wall. Had some siding work done a few years later and found a couple of squirrel skeletons behind the siding. They had gotten in there somehow- never could figure out how. Haven't had it happen again in several years.
                          This right here. You probably have a dead rodent somewhere in your walls. No telling where, and since it would be impractical to tear out your walls looking for the source, you should just wait it out.

The bad news is that it will take several weeks fir the odor to disappear. The good news is that at least you don’t own a restaurant.

Comment

Are there flies indoors? Follow that source.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                              any buzzards circling?

Funny you say that. Saw a buzzard on the roof of my garage 2 days ago. Garage is on complete opposite side of the house. 100’ away maybe. His counterparts were circling 50 yards away WAY up there

Comment

Working...
                              X