No announcement yet.

2021 Formula 1 Season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Lando and Ricciardo will push Red Bull for #2 this year. They have found some extra downforce thanks to their engineers. With the reduction of down force this year they are all searching for any small advantage they can get. You can definitely bet some of the teams are punting this year, and just wanting to get to next year with the lower spending cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
      I think Lando and Ricciardo will push Red Bull for #2 this year. They have found some extra downforce thanks to their engineers. With the reduction of down force this year they are all searching for any small advantage they can get. You can definitely bet some of the teams are punting this year, and just wanting to get to next year with the lower spending cap.
      Those two crack me up!!! Yes, they are going to be in the hunt week in and week out.

Comment

Okay so I’ve never been into watching racing as nascar has been the only thing I’ve seen. Fun live but worse than golf on tv. The newborn and I just binge watched Formula 1 on Netflix and man, I’m hooked! How have I not been watching this?!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          Okay so I’ve never been into watching racing as nascar has been the only thing I’ve seen. Fun live but worse than golf on tv. The newborn and I just binge watched Formula 1 on Netflix and man, I’m hooked! How have I not been watching this?!
          I was the exact same last year - got hooked at the B-I-L house over Christmas visit. Can't wait to get into the new season.

Comment

Drive to Survive is doing a great job of bringing new fans to the sport. The “behind the scenes” stuff is fascinating, and they do a good job of showing how political it really is. Do they sometimes over dramatize things? Of course, but that’s what makes great TV!

I just finished episode 6 of season 3 last night. Looking forward to seeing the remainder before the season starts this weekend.

I’m really hoping that Red Bull gives Mercedes a challenge this year. I think AlphaTauri will be strong as well.

I think Aston Martin will also do well, especially with Vettel driving. Hoping that McLaren doesn’t have any teething issues with the MB power unit. It would be great to see them back at the top...

Ferrari... They will be back to full power this year, but I think this will be a “rebuilding” year for them. Although that sort of thing isn’t in their DNA, I think that’s Binotto’s plan.

Also great to see Alonso back on the grid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So I was just looking at COTA. Seems there are a few different options for placing deposits on tix for F1. Anyone that's been offer guidance?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a great article about Gasly and his progress in F1 to the podium. The story is fantastic, well worth the read.
                For you to really understand who I am, we have to talk about the day my life changed forever — the day my old life ended, and a new one began.

Comment

Welcome to the cult........it is totally exciting and worth the price of admission! Even the fans are interesting as heck.......they are from all over the world and travel from country to country following the races.
                  Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  So I was just looking at COTA. Seems there are a few different options for placing deposits on tix for F1. Anyone that's been offer guidance?

Do you want admission to the bleachers, the main grandstand, a few different levels of box suites, or bring your lawn chair and grab a spot on the grassy areas (which seem plentiful and quite nice ins areas)? COTA is really nice and the suites are all we have done but everything else seems totally sufficient. I think the last race pre covid we were in owners suite. We went one level up for lasts year cancelled race just to see what the heck could be nicer than what we had the previous 3 years......lots. We had lots of bells and whistles........chefs prepare meals, two huge bars, outside or inside seating, multiple big screens, even Mario Andretti came in to give a 45 question and answer presentation. The wife now wants to follow the circuit to Montreal and Monaco............I am in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    The wife now wants to follow the circuit to Montreal and Monaco............I am in!!!
                    Monaco seems like a great place to go! It’s been added to the bucket list with the Kentucky Derby

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
                      Here's a great article about Gasly and his progress in F1 to the podium. The story is fantastic, well worth the read.
                      https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...ula-one-racing
                      My dude when looking at the young guns!!![emoji817] We stay at the driver's hotel and they are really cool......and little!!![emoji964][emoji964][emoji964]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Monaco seems like a great place to go! It’s been added to the bucket list with the Kentucky Derby
                        I have some college fraternity brothers that have done the derby multiple times and rave about it. I hate horses [emoji237] but need to check it out at least once also.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ready for F1 !!
                          Ready for MotoGP (well, after Mark Marquez is back...) !!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                            Welcome to the cult........it is totally exciting and worth the price of admission! Even the fans are interesting as heck.......they are from all over the world and travel from country to country following the races.

Do you want admission to the bleachers, the main grandstand, a few different levels of box suites, or bring your lawn chair and grab a spot on the grassy areas (which seem plentiful and quite nice ins areas)? COTA is really nice and the suites are all we have done but everything else seems totally sufficient. I think the last race pre covid we were in owners suite. We went one level up for lasts year cancelled race just to see what the heck could be nicer than what we had the previous 3 years......lots. We had lots of bells and whistles........chefs prepare meals, two huge bars, outside or inside seating, multiple big screens, even Mario Andretti came in to give a 45 question and answer presentation. The wife now wants to follow the circuit to Montreal and Monaco............I am in!!!
                            Believe suites would be the route to go. When I looked at deposits it seemed like 150 GA and 500 buy didn't specify what the 500 was for. Where did yall stay? Was thinking abnb a house nearby for the duration. Whats needed for behind the scenes passes to meet some of the teams/crews?? My business partner and I think this will make for a good board meeting!

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                              Believe suites would be the route to go. When I looked at deposits it seemed like 150 GA and 500 buy didn't specify what the 500 was for. Where did yall stay? Was thinking abnb a house nearby for the duration. Whats needed for behind the scenes passes to meet some of the teams/crews?? My business partner and I think this will make for a good board meeting!

Hyatt Lost Pines Resort has been host for last 3 races that I know. About 15 minutes to track. We get our package thru the concierge service from COTA and they have little upgrades like track walk, pit wall walk, etc. All type of stuff throughout the 4 days. I agree, it would be the perfect BOD meeting spot! My contact has been this guy below, I think they are out of packages but no telling with folks falling on some hard times with covid:
                              Troy Hemeyer

Premium Sales Consultant

Description: cid:E1FF9162-3264-4AED-8689-BCF32FB2C03E

9201 Circuit of the Americas

Del Valle, TX 78617

Direct: 512-536-1467

Comment

Might actually go this year to COTA versus selling off my seats. Bought into the PSL deal when the track was still dirt. Went a lot then just started selling off when I’ve been busy or uninterested after the first few years. WEC was and is still to this day the best fan experience in my opinion.

Drive to Survive has been good. Only on ep 3 of season 3 though.
                                Last edited by bdubb; 03-24-2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X