Another Broad Head Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Broad Head Thread

Which broadheads produce the best blood trails? Just wanted to take a quick poll on the green screen. I say grim reaper

You will get a slew of all-different answers with lots of opinions. Lots of great heads out there. So many variables when you shoot a deer.......

I’m a fixed head guy and am currently shooting GrizzlyStiks and they have performed very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wasp Jak hammers! Hit hard, punch big holes and leave great blood trails!

Comment

Wide cut Iron Will for fixed blades and Rage Trypan for mech’s.

Comment

The one that goes through the biggest artery.

Comment

Originally posted by ABbowhunter View Post
            Wasp Jak hammers! Hit hard, punch big holes and leave great blood trails!
            X2 on the jackhammers.

I’ve shot a 3 deer with rage Trypans and will not be using them again, gonna use my remaining 3 blade chisel tips and then back to Jackhammers

Comment

The one that lands in the correct places.

Comment

Biggest, sharpest, best placed.

Comment

A sharp fixed head zips thru em so fast they dont know what happened. I typically dont need a blood trail. Exodus are my choice.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for exodus. They are some mean heads and fly great, can be resharpened with a Rada wheel sharpener, replacement blades available, and to answer your question the blood trails have been easy to follow.

Comment

Wish I'd took pics/video of the blood trail made by an old school 4 blade 130 gr muzzy Sunday a.m.

Shot was a tad high, from a ground blind.

Deer went 200 yds. First 50 yds was "ok" blood. But last 150 was buckets. I have no idea how it went that far losing that much blood. I could literally see blood 20 yds ahead of me the whole way.

Comment

If you get a complete pass through on a decent shot, any expandable gives the best blood trail, but in there lies the rub. You are far less likely to get complete pass throughs with expandables, especially if you hit bone.

Comment

I just recently purchased some DirtNap fixed blades, have yet to stick anything with them but they look to be awesome !!!

Comment

Grim Reaper 2" WT Specials

Comment

G5 Mega Meat's have been leaving some crazy blood trails for me this season

Comment

Working...
                              X