Painful Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painful Death

Got a call from one of our members yesterday. They found this deer under a feeder. I imagine the broken leg got infected and gangrene did it’s work eventually. He hasn’t been dead long. No smell or bloating. You can tell his last days or weeks of life we’re rough. He’s pretty shrunk up. Not sure how the leg got broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that would be a tough way to go!

Comment

that is rough. bad break there for sure!! one of those "mercy shooting" if you had seen him while hunting.

Comment

Hate to see that happen. I had a young buck chasing does Saturday morning and he was limping bad. I watched him for a while trying to see why he was limping so badly but couldn't see any visible signs. He sure was trying to get him some doe tail thats for sure. Lol [emoji2957][emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

About 12 years ago I was hunting in Eden and walking to my ladder stand on an evening hunt I see a deer laying down in the pen. I thought it was bedded down so I eased closer until I saw it was a young buck dead. Front leg had been blown in half right at the elbow almost identical to your picture. Also died right under the feeder from infection. Tough way to go for sure

Comment

That doesnt look like a broken leg. It looks a leg that got shot off. Gotta be the work of those "long range hunters". You know the guy. He buys a gun with LR in the name. A 60 power scope with tureets shoots eld-x and never practices.

Comment

Yeah, that would suck.

Comment

While we are out there having fun, they are just trying to make a living.

Comment

Nature is rough.

Comment

Working...
                  X