Covid testing is a joke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid testing is a joke.

Did you know, you have to lie to get an appointment for a test?

I am not showing any signs. Only risk factor is diabetes.

My wife is having major cancer surgery Friday, I was wanting to get tested so the hospital can’t deny me access during recovery.

No one in my area will give me a test, unless I lie and claim symptoms.

Getting a Dr. or nurse to call back , is well, next to impossible.

Rant over.

Hate to here this, my FIL has stage four cancer so the last thing we want to do is get him sick, we have gone twice to get tested at our local emergency clinic and we simply walk in and have it done. Maybe go that route.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      Did you know, you have to lie to get an appointment for a test?

I am not showing any signs. Only risk factor is diabetes.

My wife is having major cancer surgery Friday, I was wanting to get tested so the hospital can’t deny me access during recovery.

No one in my area will give me a test, unless I lie and claim symptoms.

Getting a Dr. or nurse to call back , is well, next to impossible.

Rant over.

It’s all a joke! Rant on!

Comment

All the clinics require an appointment.

Won’t give you one if your not showing symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by jbonney1986 View Post
          It’s all a joke! Rant on!
          Yep.

Comment

You can walk in to any clinic offering testing in the Houston area and get tested on the spot.

Comment

Yeah it's bad, I was having symptoms a few months back during the big houston spike, slight chest tightness and felt hypoxic at night, still couldn't get in to any of the testing sites because they were so slammed. It went away after a few days and at the end of Oct I was in for a new job drug test and had them do an antibody test while I was there.
              No antibodies, Imagine my disappointment when I didn't end up having the rona after all...would be nice to have that sweet sweet immunity...

Comment

Did you go through the Tarrant Co site : https://covidtesting.tarrantcounty.com/

I did not go through the system to see if you get the same issue.

Sorry to hear as up here tests are not hard to get.
                Hoping you can find a spot and prayers for your wife and yourself. Hope she has a successful surgery.

Comment

CVS offers drive thru testing.

Comment

They told my buddy he needed symptoms so he thought he would be a smart _ _ _ and started naming symptoms he had. They then got concerned and tried to convince him he needed an EKG because he listed chest pain as a symptom.

Comment

I didnt show any symptoms, but my Daughter contracted the virus - I was able to get a test that day.

Hope the best for yall!

Comment

Testing may be a joke but the virus is no joke! Been feeling it for over a week now and managed to infect alot of folks with minimal contact days before I had symptoms. We have Cigna insurance and if you go online, they will mail you a kit. Planning to use them later this week to confirm negative. Went to CVS for testing. Had to crack the App code to get results. No easy task!

Comment

I've been exposed a bunch. I have been tested four times. Show up at any clinic and say you have been exposed and you can get a test in no time. Extremely easy.

Comment

CVS... I have been tested several times lately for travel clearance.

And if you are worried about the hospital denying access ask them where you can get tested as they will probably do it when they check her in for pre-op. One of my guys just went through this with his wife's surgery.

Comment

I work at a healthcare facility. If your hellbent on getting tested, it's not that hard. Just have to have two symptoms on the covid list, which covers almost everything or be exposed to someone who has covid. It's that simple. If you really want to be tested you can, and there's drive through testing all over the place, no questions asked.

Comment

Working...
                              X