Two man ladder stand question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two man ladder stand question

do any of yall that use them put up netting around them and us e a little propane heater? would be for rifle hunting with my kids.

I have netting around mine but I don't think a heater would do much in it. Probably better off to just load them up with the big hand warmers.

Comment

I’ve used a heater in a quad pod with netting. Works fine and kids didn’t complain.

Comment

I use the netting as well, dont know if a heater will work.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

I always just put my kids, when they were younger, in a sleeping bag when sitting with me in cold stands and they loved it. Zipped them up and they were cozy.

Comment

My brother carries a buddy heater with him to his 2 man ladder stand and its wrapped in burlap. He says it does help keep the chill off a little bit.

Comment

Heat goes up. You’re wasting propane.

Put the netting up to hide movement and zip them up in a sleeping bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That would work pretty good. My son and I sat on the ground with no cover and had the heater between us and never really got cold

Comment

Thanks.itll probably be me and my 17yo. My 10yo is out when its really cold.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm thinking that with the free air below that buddy stand, you're not going to notice the heat that much. If you're going to waste the time and gas, I'd probably find a way to close in the bottom and behind your legs. The mesh is going to help with your movement, but not with holding in heat. I've sat in those stands in below freezing weather, with just layered clothing on, but it might be different with a kid. Good luck and give it a try either way. Report back and we'll know next time!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      I'm thinking that with the free air below that buddy stand, you're not going to notice the heat that much. If you're going to waste the time and gas, I'd probably find a way to close in the bottom and behind your legs. The mesh is going to help with your movement, but not with holding in heat. I've sat in those stands in below freezing weather, with just layered clothing on, but it might be different with a kid. Good luck and give it a try either way. Report back and we'll know next time!
                      Yea, you make some good points. Shoot, might just stay in my bed snuggled up to my wife if it's that cold, lol

Comment

Pop up would be better

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                          Yea, you make some good points. Shoot, might just stay in my bed snuggled up to my wife if it's that cold, lol

I’d be looking for any excuse to stay away from my wife. Use the heater. Time in the woods is better than being around a woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe use a camo tarp with some netting or burlap for a break up. That tarp will help hold a little heat.

Comment

I don’t think a little cold would keep me from hunting with my kids.
                              The heater will keep it above what ever temp it happens to be. Hot hands on your core and in pockets for hands will make the hunt much more comfortable as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X