Good Game Warden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Game Warden

Buddy of mine was driving home from his AM hunt today and when he got to the intersection with the highway there was a police car, another car and a huge buck which the car had hit. Cop couldn't release the deer to anyone, so my buddy dragged it into the brush and went on home. No one hurt in the crash but the car needs lots of work.

Buddy called the GW when he got home and explained what was going on and asked if he would release the deer and said he would meet him there so he could see it. GW agreed, met him there, removed the antlers and my buddy took the deer. It was a huge deer for the area (near Belton) and my buddy said very little bruising so he got a good bunch of venison.

So--GWs can be reasonable if you are reasonable too.

Been a bunch of bucks killed the past few weeks along the roads here

Comment

Bucks are idiots all over Mills county right now. If a doe crosses the highway slow down are stop. A buck are two will be behind her paying no attention to highway traffic. JMO

Comment

In my experience, if you treat them with respect as you would anyone else, they have always been nice to me. Most are easy to talk with and love the outdoors just like the rest of us.

Comment

Some good ones right here on TBH too.

Comment

Was that on airport road?by the lake?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
              Was that on airport road?by the lake?
              Not sure exactly, but I think it was an intersection with Hwy 317

Comment

My son totaled a honda car few years back on 317 going into belton, really nice 8 pointer huge body

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
                  In my experience, if you treat them with respect as you would anyone else, they have always been nice to me. Most are easy to talk with and love the outdoors just like the rest of us.

X2

Comment

They do have a difficult job.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X