One in the chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
    Say it isn't so.....Might as well vote for the Demorats if you going to do that.....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    LOL, now that hurt.

Like I said I recognize I'm being lazy. Got a secure box so its hot, and secure that I don't feel like anyone in my home is in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      No disrespect but please do some research. There are lots of YouTube videos out there to suggest otherwise. BTW, you aren’t carrying “loaded” without a round in the chamber.
      another that doesn't understand terminology. Do your own research.
      YouTube, its the Internet, it must be true. Lol
      In a different scenario, you're driving around with your rifle in the front and you have cartridges in your magazine but unchambered (not in barrel), the game warden pulls you over for some reason, your gun is considered LOADED!
      You walk in from a duck blind and you have shells in your shotgun tube but not in chamber(barrel) and a game warden checks you randomly, he's going to fine you for having a LOADED GUN!

Comment

Most people can’t even clear their holster fast enough in a stressful situation, let alone add the extra movement of chambering a round. And then there’s the “one arm is incapacitated” scenario. It’s really slow trying to rack the slide with your knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Wow is right...try to chamber a round getting rushed / blind sighted while fighting off a thug. There are no rules & the bad guys isn't gonna give you a warning in every scenario. It's not about what is hard, it's about real life scenarios & you are starting at a huge disadvantage. Have a friend charge you with your unloaded sidearm with a pretend blade painted with a sharpie to show body contact from 5yds, 10yds, 15yds & get back to us on how 'hard' it is to chamber a round while you wrestle with your buddy with that worthless piece of iron in your one hand while getting stabbed. There are literally dozens & dozens of vids proving an un-chambered auto will get you killed. You will not find ONE defensive trainer worth his salt who suggests this method of carry.

The fact we are even having this discussion with fellow carry folks is mind boggling...carry a freak'n revolver if a chambered auto scares you!!

I carry both, how bout that?

Is it OK if I carry like I want? Maybe I'm just better at carrying / shooting than most people.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            Most people can’t even clear their holster fast enough in a stressful situation, let alone add the extra movement of chambering a round. And then there’s the “one arm is incapacitated” scenario. It’s really slow trying to rack the slide with your knees.
            there's always your teeth.

Comment

Criminal acts take mere seconds, treat all guns as if they are loaded. A hot pistol is the way to go. Training will add seconds. The Israelis are sharp about coming out of the holster with a dry pistol and making it hot. It’s close to one movement upon pulling the pistol from the holster.

Comment

Just don’t leave it in your truck if you are not in your truck. Car burglars know this happens.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  there's always your teeth.
                  Hahaha! That’s good.

Comment

I'm really surprised at how many carry without a chambered round in your defense weapon. I can assure you when that time comes you need to use your weapon and have to chamber a round its to late!!! It's one thing if you are coming up on a situation and realize what's going on to make weapon hot but when your caught by surprise that added time is going to make for a bad outcome.

Comment

Is it OK if I carry like I want? Maybe I'm just better at carrying / shooting than most people.
                      Lol. Please post a video of you going through the scenario that Artos posted. I don't care if you're Jerry Miculek, you're not going to have time to chamber a round when someone pulls a knife on you within 3-5 yards.

If you are not comfortable carrying a round in the chamber, you probably need a lot more practice.

To answer the OP's question, my carry guns are never unloaded unless I'm swapping ammo or dryfiring, cleaning, etc. They always stay in a holster, so they are not going to go bang unless I want them to.
                      Last edited by Raider4044; 07-09-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Never, I'm a cop. My duty weapon and backup are always hot every where I go. Action beats reaction every time. If you need your gun and you need to chamber a round you are behind the curve. Stay strapped or get clapped!

Comment

Brother, it's your funeral...I'm simply telling you that an un-chambered auto is proven to be disastrous during an unexpected armed confrontation that always happen in the blink of an eye. Using two hands in these scenarios is putting you at a huge disadvantage against the bad guy. You almost always need one to fend off the intruder while reaching for the sidearm & again, there have been many case studies / trials to show this is a very bad habit to practice.

I have no skin in the game so Carry as you wish...just trying to help.

Comment

[QUOTE=Raider4044;15694470]Lol. Please post a video of you going through the scenario that Artos posted. I don't care if you're Jerry Miculek, you're not going to have time to chamber a round when someone pulls a knife on you within 3-5 yards.

If you are not comfortable carrying a round in the chamber, you probably need a lot more practice.

huhhhhh?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                              Never, I'm a cop. My duty weapon and backup are always hot every where I go. Action beats reaction every time. If you need your gun and you need to chamber a round you are behind the curve. Stay strapped or get clapped!

I thought the saying was “Keep it wrapped or get clapped”? One of us is mixing out metaphors, i think.

Comment

There was a fairly recent case where a victim (store owner of I remember correctly) was able to draw on the robbers but didn’t have a round loaded. They ended up gunning him down while he was trying to correct his mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X