X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your bud sounds like a brown noser.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      fify. My advice: stop talking, put in the work, and go home. Providing you like the job. Jackasses anywhere you go. I know a guy who quit a very good job because of someone else. Turns out that "someone else" was fired within 6 months.
      Today I left a job I was 5 weeks. My supervisor was so negative and made horrible comments constantly. I’m told old to put up it life is too short. I only gave a three day notice. My industry you give notice they walk u out

Comment

Just turn it around now, when you talk to him only talk about the positive things in your job. Never the negative, or bad about someone. Even if he brings negative issues, counter with a positive. You know what’s he’s doing, don’t play his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Stites_Bites View Post
          To put it simply… I get paid hourly. Everyone around me gets paid per hour as well. I am one of 2 employees that will get asked to work more than 40 hours a week nearly every week. I started off hungry and eager and would always try and go above and beyond. I put my head down and did it often. I’m realizing now that I’m getting more and more responsibilities thrust at me with no incentive to keep grinding like I used to. I haven’t made a cent more than I did when I started 2 years ago…. So I simply asked if the work load could be equally distributed if I wasn’t getting a raise. They didn’t like the fact that I wanted others to match my hours I guess?

Now I’m seen as someone who complains. I made the naive mistake in thinking that I could comfortably voice these concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          So you worked hard, and the company recognized you as someone they can count on, and instead of discussing in a professional manner how much you contribute and ask for an increase in your hourly wedges, you focused on how the work could be more distributed to others. And the co-worker you decided to share you're displeasure with let the Management know where you are in dissatisfaction.

I don't point this out to slam you. Just wanting you to recognize a different direction you could have gone. Lesson learned.

Upside to this situation is you still have choices.

1 - Go talk to your boss and level set why you're frustrated. Keep it professional and ask for a raise. And don't bring up you feel you've complained and this information has been shared. Keep it at the high level and point out how you contribute and how you can continue to contribute and be counted on.

2 - Find a new job. If you're going to do this, do option 1 first. You have nothing to lose because if you're ready to find a new job then you have nothing to lose.

A lot of good information has been stated here, so compartmentalize it, and learn from it. But, the bottom line is you need the situation to change, so go change it.

Good luck and prayer's sent

Comment

Solid advice. I think the main issue I face is that I’m being asked to pull back on my quality of work to do more work. My quality is what I thought helped me stand out. Others skip out on quality severely in an attempt to try and do more.

But the thing is I still am doing more than 75% of my co workers with the same quality.

They seem to have a sour view of me because I make it apparent that the workload is not equal. That was my mistake I guess. Those acting like helpful ears decided to start talking about me.

I had a buddy that was in his late 20’s and worked for one of the largest consulting firms. He wound up on a 3 year project with one of the partners. My buddy was very sharp and went above and beyond. After a few years he asked for a raise and the response he got was crazy “ you make enough money for someone your age”! Needless to say he started interviewing and was hired immediately for triple his original pay.

The thing him and I discussed all the time was “ why would they pay you more or promote you when you are making everyone above you look like a king?” Sometimes you need to find your real worth in another company.

Good luck and lessons learned be very careful who you trust in the work place.

Comment

Bad work environment

I’m getting tired of mine. Not saying it’s bad but I’ve been here for 19 years and been Loyal as heck but they keep adding sales reps and cutting territories.

Been thinking about leaving a Fortune 500 company and moving to a smaller company looking to grow.
              Tired of all the number reporting and tracking with the territories getting smaller and smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

He’s just one I know about for sure. I think that my office manager who I have also voiced concerns with has started to spew a bit too much as well. I bring obvious problems to her attention and she equates that to me not being able to handle the environment.

To put it in perspective… I work 9-10 hour days and make less than others working 7. I’ve been here 2 years and they have been here less.

Just hate feeling as if I’m being taken advantage of.

You either keep on working there unhappy or move along! Find another job and put in your 2 weeks notice! If you are that valuable then they will bump your money up and work hard to fix the problems! But then again, if they are allowing this crap to happen you probably don’t want to work for them anymore.

Comment

Solid advice. I think the main issue I face is that I’m being asked to pull back on my quality of work to do more work. My quality is what I thought helped me stand out. Others skip out on quality severely in an attempt to try and do more.

But the thing is I still am doing more than 75% of my co workers with the same quality.

They seem to have a sour view of me because I make it apparent that the workload is not equal. That was my mistake I guess. Those acting like helpful ears decided to start talking about me.

Simple advice:

It's a dog-eat-dog-world out in the work place. Sad times for sure. Trust me on this, any employee, namely your co-workers that get "shown up" to be slackers due to your work ethic/hard work are not going to be your friends. All this "talk" about being team players is a joke at most work places. A lot of people are serpents in the grass and will strike at any the opportunity much less when their lazy ***es get exposed.

Seek out other dedicated/hard workers like youself. Most large work places have a hand full of workers and a ****ton of whiners/drama queens. Complaints and ******** are similar in that we all have them. Keep both to yourself and don't trust anyone with either.

Lastly, you mentioned "they" (I will assume management) have given you an expanded work load. Guess what, that means they see your dedication/hard work. They are overlooking the fact they have not rewarded you with a raise; let them know in a private setting like their office. Approach this with an I am happy to do as much as I can attitude and would just like to be compensated accordingly.
                  Last edited by Pedernal; 07-09-2021, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s called work! Not happy happy fun time! Don’t say anything you wouldn’t tell your boss at work and you will be fine. If other people are making more than you it’s probably cause they produce more than you. If not you need to look elsewhere! It’s not what you know it’s who you know for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                        seems like this workplace has its more then its fair share of those looking to advance, and not give two cents on how they get up the ladder,
                        but now it seems management are turning Jelly Fish, no spin
                        sure does make for a bad attitude when one knows nothing will done about any of the known problems going on
                        Head down, go in do your job and get out. is the new norm for some
                        You ain't wrong.

Comment

Only complain to those who can do something about it. Otherwise vent to someone outside the organization. Life advice

Comment

Lots of people are snakes. And the better you are at your job, the bigger target you have on your back.

Outperform. Outwork. Outclass them. The third is my hardest to master. As I get older I learn more about these. Some the easy way. Some the hard way. But it takes awhile to trust these days.

I’m one who believes if I want more money I work harder. I don’t ask for one. If I want more and it doesn’t come in time (usually does) I suppose I’d find somewhere else. But aside from one occasion I’ve been taken care of well.

Highly experienced, hard workers are hard to find. Grind it out and get there. Good luck man.

Comment

[QUOTE=Dusty Britches;15692706]^^^ Ditto.

Backstabbers are everywhere and they will use the knife in your back to climb the ladder.

If you have a complaint, think about it. If it is worthy to talk face to face with your boss or your boss's boss, then talk only to them about it. If it is not, then keep your mouth shut.[/QUOTE

then, don't trust what your boss tells ya.

Comment

If you feel you are being worked more than others, and not getting paid accordingly. I think Obama put into law about inequality.
                                It's called EQUAL PAY ACT.

Comment

Working...
                                X