Had to say goodbye to my sidekicks yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Sorry to hear that man....you did the right thing even as hard as it was. Don't let the few bad seeds get to you. Some folks can't help themselves...
    This!

Comment

Originally posted by Cazador View Post
      Tough decision but the right decision. Sounds like you did all you could to rehome them. Good on you for not passing along a potential problem to an unsuspecting new owner.
      My thoughts as well.

Comment

Terrible spot to be in but we have to protect our little ones. You made a very tough choice. Most likely the only right choice.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

"Too bad we can’t get rid of humans this easily that exhibit behavior we don’t particularly care for."

WOW! Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
            "Too bad we can’t get rid of humans this easily that exhibit behavior we don’t particularly care for."

WOW! Seriously?
            Honestly, that's the only sentence in his whole post that I could agree with.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Honestly, that's the only sentence in his whole post that I could agree with.
              From a theoretical stand point I agree. Only if they are a criminal but not because I disagree with another person !

Comment

You did the right thing. A dog that will bite someone for no reason is a worthless dog in my opinion. Take your grandson to a shelter and let him pick out your new buddy.

Comment

I probably would not have posted that on here. It was bad enough you had to do it but having to deal with the responses on here will not make it any better for you and your family. But hey that's just me. I'll keep my opinion to my self.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                    I adopted a dog a few months ago and I have paid a lot of money to get him the treatment he needed.

Unfortunately he’s been showing aggression towards males who come to my house and that’s not good.

He’s jumped at two of my buddies faces the last two weeks and I’ve beat his *** but he is stubborn as ****.

If he bites somebody I’ll have him put down and he doesn’t deserve another shot. It’s going to suck for me but I won’t pass along a problem to someone else.

Dogs die under my care, they don’t go anywhere else.

Trevor you’re a kitty Kat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    I wouldn’t wait for the dog to bite someone, it’s already tried a couple times. You’ll be liable for damages.

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
                      I wouldn’t wait for the dog to bite someone, it’s already tried a couple times. You’ll be liable for damages.

Maybe bite was the wrong word but he’s snapped at two people.

He just had surgery and it’s like he’s changed since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by JFFB View Post
                        I probably would not have posted that on here. It was bad enough you had to do it but having to deal with the responses on here will not make it any better for you and your family. But hey that's just me. I'll keep my opinion to my self.

40 responses so far and only one was semi-critical. What is going to be so bad for him and his family for doing the absolute right thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                          3 months I tried to find them another home. I tried to take them to animal shelters, no kill shelters, breed rescue groups, adoption sites and all the same answers. They were either at capacity with a long waiting list or would not take dogs who were known to bite. I was looking everywhere. This grown man was a blubbering mess yesterday, so don't think I took the decision lightly. I'm tore up over what I had to do, but I refused to let my grandson get bit. But make no mistake, I tried everything

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          Well durn, but hey, where was Trevor and why didn't he inquire about giving them a new home?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                            Best to just let sleeping dogs lie...

My reply was supposed to go to another thread. apologies

Comment

Super sorry to hear this. When I put mine down it was like ripping my heart out.

FWIW, I broke my dog of that when my 1st grandchild was a toddler. We were in my office and she was on the floor messing with the dog....dog growled at her. I jumped out of my chair and chased that dog around the house yelling and whipping it. The dog never growl again with any of the three GC. When they were around it would look up at me and I would look down at the dog and it knew......don't even think about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X