No announcement yet.

A/C question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours went out last saturday night. Paid the price and had the repair guy out Sunday morning and he replaced the capacitor. Temp was around 81 in the house I think when he started. Couple hours later it was down to 74 where I had it set.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
      It will be fine sleep naked with a box fan

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
      Carefully follow this advice, and to avoid any unintended consequences, do not sleep naked with a boxing fan …

Comment

You checked that the fan is running outside and you didn't just pop another capacitor?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Quick gut check is take thermometer & measure temp at return duct and then measure ata nearby supply register. Should be a difference of 15-22 degrees

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
            You checked that the fan is running outside and you didn't just pop another capacitor?

Yes sir she is running

Comment

Our ac went out last week too.. I swapped the capacitor and it took a about 18 hours to get back down to normal.. It was 80 degrees in the house for 24 hours before I could get the part. Been working fine for the past week now..

Comment

Is it blowing cold air??

Comment

Don't forget you got to cool down all the furniture Walls Flooring everything

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                    Is it blowing cold air??
                    Yes sir its coming down. It's down to 75 now. A cool 75 is much better than a hot 87 lol. I reckon I just thought it would cool faster not accounting it was was down since Friday night so everything was hot inside. We will see how it performs tomorrow after cooling all the way down tonight

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                      Yes sir its coming down. It's down to 75 now. A cool 75 is much better than a hot 87 lol. I reckon I just thought it would cool faster not accounting it was was down since Friday night so everything was hot inside. We will see how it performs tomorrow after cooling all the way down tonight
                      Sounds like it is working

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                        If you need 2 lbs of Freon, you have a leak.
                        Or they over charged it...

Comment

Put a sprinkler on the condenser...it’ll help w transition

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            Quick gut check is take thermometer & measure temp at return duct and then measure ata nearby supply register. Should be a difference of 15-22 degrees
                            Bingo. If the return air vent has 80 degree air going into it, you need at least 64-65 degree air coming out. It does not sound like your system is doing this.

Comment

Great! Did anyone mention that you have to cool down the furniture too?

Comment

Good deal...

Comment

Working...
                                X