MLB foreign substance ban dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know if I would want to be a hitter right now. Guys have been throwing with Spider Tack and sunscreen/rosin their entire career. Now they are going to stop it. Wonder how many hit batters will increase in the next few months. If I was digging in with guys throwing 100 I would want them to have control. They need to raise the seams on MLB balls is my opinion or leave them alone.

Originally posted by glen View Post
    I dont know if I would want to be a hitter right now. Guys have been throwing with Spider Tack and sunscreen/rosin their entire career. Now they are going to stop it. Wonder how many hit batters will increase in the next few months. If I was digging in with guys throwing 100 I would want them to have control. They need to raise the seams on MLB balls is my opinion or leave them alone.
    What a problem to have lol, for a couple million they can hit me .
    I don't follow sports, never have, but I didn't realize they had that little control over the ball.
    Couldn't you use dirt, chalk, or something similar?

Comment

Baseballs for MLB are slick and seams not high profile. They get a new ball most pitches. And getting a 98 to the Side of the melon would be worth it. They should just put Spider Tack on all the balls from the league

Comment

I’m not a fan of the universal crackdown on all substances. There are some that should be banned (SpiderTack), but sunscreen and rosin has been used, well, since sunscreen and rosin was invented. Either raise the seems one the ball and quit tinkering with it, or make one universal grip rub that all pitchers can use. The league already admits that new baseballs are slick, or else they wouldn’t mandate all clubs to rub them down with mud before games

Comment

I’ll take steroid ball any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

They are supposed to rub down each ball with genuine Mississippi river mud to remove the "shiny slickness" from the cover. 100 mph heat is still pretty rare (I think). Take one for the team, overpaid vaginas!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

There’s more 100 mph pitches than I have ever seen.

Like every team has someone hitting 98 to 100.

Last edited by Black Ice; 06-15-2021, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                They are supposed to rub down each ball with genuine Mississippi river mud to remove the "shiny slickness" from the cover. 100 mph heat is still pretty rare (I think). Take one for the team, overpaid vaginas!
                I as just about to post this on the mud scrub each ball gets to give it some profile and not so slick.

Is it Mississippi mud or some marsh mud from the East Coast? i know it has to come from a very specific place. I remember seeing a short video on the guy that goes out and digs it up and sells to the league.

Comment

The mud is from a secret place on the Delaware river outside of Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
                    The mud is from a secret place on the Delaware river outside of Philly.
                    From the commisioners cousins place!! Lol

Comment

Spider Tack, sunscreen/rosin and other adhesives are just like steroids, pre-pitch cameras with banging trash cans and other illegal aids to Baseball. It's funny how in society, we've been progressively giving up Traditional Values and Morals, yet in Baseball, they've been working harder and harder to make the game "Purer".

I think the finesse pitchers will have a much harder time adjusting than the power pitchers. I'm good with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

Right on that was fun to watch

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

They're getting paid millions to play stickball. I'm sure they'll be ok.

Comment

What about vagisil and Monistat? They still legal?

Comment

Look up "Baseball doesn't exist" channel on youtube, he has some good videos about this on his channel. Talks about how having "sticky stuff" on the baseball actually gives the pitchers less control of the ball. Statistically we have more walks and hit by pitch in baseball right now than ever before.

Comment

Working...
                              X