Extra fees when buying a SxS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    We are our own worst enemy. What we have shown that we are willing to pay for entertainment, showing up our friends, convienence, the ability to go faster, being more capable so on and so on has created this issue. This goes for several things that range from SXS to trucks to going to the movies to going to a ball game to hunting in general.......... This list can go on and on.
    I guess I'm cheap, lol. I've shown no such thing. Heck, I'd drive a Ford F150 XL trim with plastic seats and floors if I got a good deal. It gets from A to B. $10K+ for a 400CC UTV that is a glorified 4-wheeler? Eff that. I'll walk first.

Comment

What is VIT?

Comment

Seems kinda high. I paid $400 for shipping and $200 for assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
          Yes, but there is not a database to search that I am aware of. Do you know anyone that has ever had issues with this?
          Of course there is a database. The title has your address. Taxes paid are reported to the county. Any vehicle where no tax is paid is part of that database.
          I know a farmer in the Katy area that got checked. He had operations in both Harris and Waller counties. Don’t recall which county, but a Constable stopped him while he was driving on a FM road and gave him all kind of grief for driving on a public road. Guy actually wrote him a ticket. Of course he fought it and won but judge asked him if he was engaged in ag activities because county records showed the Ranger to be a tax exempt vehicle. So yes there is a database. From that time until he sold his farm, he always carried a bale of hay in the back of that Ranger. I’ve heard other horror stories but that is the one that I personally have first hand knowledge of because I was there when it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
            Yes, but there is not a database to search that I am aware of. Do you know anyone that has ever had issues with this?
            My dealer ordered me an off road license for my new one, I didn’t complain because the city of Rockport let’s me drive it in town with that plate. Fwiw I did use ag exemption when I purchased it.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
              I guess I'm cheap, lol. I've shown no such thing. Heck, I'd drive a Ford F150 XL trim with plastic seats and floors if I got a good deal. It gets from A to B. $10K+ for a 400CC UTV that is a glorified 4-wheeler? Eff that. I'll walk first.
              I am with you. I haven't bought a truck since 2008 and I do not have a sxs. With that said I am jealous of the guys that have new trucks and sxs.

Comment

Interesting, unless he registered it in that county they would not have any record of it being ag exempt. The TDOT database that gets the info from the county tax assessors only reports on registered vehicles. I had farm tags on my trailer and never had any issues, but there is always that one LEO that might push it.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Telling me more! Is uncrating and removing all the protective plastic and such considered assembly? Do they have to put the tires on the vehicle? Maybe add fluids? Trying to think what else wouldnt come assembled from the factory.
                  Install the roll bars probably.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

High demand low supply. Sellers market. I’ve been trying to buy one for nearly a year. I’ve decided to wait.

Comment

I’d raise hell over the freight charge. Setup would be the other one I’d be trying to negotiate.

Comment

Vit?

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        What is VIT?
                        This is what they call the Vehicle Inventory Tax. This is the tax the dealer has to pay on the vehicles he has on the lot. Trouble is you are the one paying it for him. The same thing on trucks and cars also.

Comment

You will pay MSRP plus most of those fees these days. If you don’t, the next person will.

Comment

I just have to say it...
                            Are they gouging?

Comment

Buy used, let someone else pay for that stuff. The has been some nice used ones FS this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X