X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A year in the life of a farm

Wasn’t in tensas, I heard around mangham

This one
    Last edited by triple_duece; 12-10-2020, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Just checking in for pics .

Comment

I trust everyone is enjoying the Christmas holiday . Very busy time of year so I haven't done a good job editing up video nor had the time to post all thats going on between here and the ranch. Starting in February I intend to begin the documentation of moving the farm to sustainable ag and as well as put together footage we captured during the season.

Been a mixed bag. I elected to take no bucks off the farm this year. I think I had a number of bucks killed by Hurricane Laura so I'm letting everything have another year.The ranch also suffered from a drought with no rain from Sept. til June. Curiously our low fence country has cattle and with the drought was significantly overgrazed. Yet by far our best bucks are in the country with a pretty good batch ranging from the 180's to our best this year at 211. My theory is because of the overgrazing all the deer got on the protein feeders consuming a much higher % of their diet from pellets. Whereas our HF country with no cattle looked better but apparently had a lower nutritional profile with the deer consuming more of the native parched greenery. I'll elaborate on that more as the season ends.

Here are a couple of pics for the hungry:
        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!!! I can see protein pellets being a key ingredient to big antlers due to nutritional value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow

Comment

Wowsers! [emoji15]

Comment

I cant get a pic of the 211 to post plus my neighbor also got a 205 which I cant seem to post. With kids, grand kids, and Christmas chaos in full swing its hard to sort the issues out but once things settle I'll post more.

Comment

Tks for the update . Always look forward to seeing a new post from you. Looking forward to ur upcoming updates as well. Good as always.

Comment

This thread coming up on half a million views

Comment

A year in the life of a farm

I Don’t think this is a DD deer [emoji102]

Comment

LOL , thats funny. Is that a recent post and who did it? The video of that buck has made the rounds and ended up advertising ranches I never heard of and now apparently feed. I can tell a few stories about that.For sure that buck was never within a few hundred miles of DD and in fact the only feed he ever saw was no name Mexican pellets.

I'm home for brief break before going back to ranch for a last hunt. Got some great video which I'll start posting once recovered from the season.

Comment

In the mean time here is a pic of the 211 from earlier this season. No DD was consumed in the making of this picture
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by elgato View Post
                            LOL , thats funny. Is that a recent post and who did it? The video of that buck has made the rounds and ended up advertising ranches I never heard of and now apparently feed. I can tell a few stories about that.For sure that buck was never within a few hundred miles of DD and in fact the only feed he ever saw was no name Mexican pellets.

I'm home for brief break before going back to ranch for a last hunt. Got some great video which I'll start posting once recovered from the season.

I saw it on Facebook this morning lol. It looks like someone sent it to DD claiming to be a product of their results

Comment

211 PIC.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

I Don’t think this is a DD deer [emoji102]

How long ago was that? I looked on their page and didnt see it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X