No announcement yet.

Covid testing is a joke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My best friend has covid right now. His wife got it first, she tested positive on the rapid test, he tested negative, but on the same visit they gave him the long term test. The tests were barely a minute apart, but the rapid test was negative, the delayed test came up positive. So, in light of that I’d say the rapid test is indeed a joke. Luckily, they’ve just had congestion, no smell or taste for a few days, and generally felt bad. They should both be over it by the end of the week. He and I fished together, (but met at the lake so no enclosed contact), about a week and a half before she came down with it, but I’ve had no symptoms so I won’t get tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      Did you know, you have to lie to get an appointment for a test?

I am not showing any signs. Only risk factor is diabetes.

My wife is having major cancer surgery Friday, I was wanting to get tested so the hospital can’t deny me access during recovery.

No one in my area will give me a test, unless I lie and claim symptoms.

Getting a Dr. or nurse to call back , is well, next to impossible.

Rant over.
      Make an appointment with the lab at Texas Health Resources on Oakmont right off of the Chisholm Trail Parkway. Results in 30 minutes.

They don’t ask! I got tested after I had Covid and tested negative.

Comment

Sending you info.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          My best friend has covid right now. His wife got it first, she tested positive on the rapid test, he tested negative, but on the same visit they gave him the long term test. The tests were barely a minute apart, but the rapid test was negative, the delayed test came up positive. So, in light of that I’d say the rapid test is indeed a joke. Luckily, they’ve just had congestion, no smell or taste for a few days, and generally felt bad. They should both be over it by the end of the week. He and I fished together, (but met at the lake so no enclosed contact), about a week and a half before she came down with it, but I’ve had no symptoms so I won’t get tested.
          The rapid test is indeed a joke. Our company as well as many others won’t accept it that I know of. I’ve came back negative twice with it when I had it. My wife as well.

Comment

CVS is a joke too, drive up to get a prescription, dude driving in other lane was filming the cat in the backseat with his cellphone ramming the swab up his sinus. I guess it takes all kinds.
            Thanks, I'm sorry about the rant.

Comment

ARC Point Labs on Oakmont!

You don’t even leave the truck. They come to you in the parking lot.

Comment

Did you know, you have to lie to get an appointment for a test?

I am not showing any signs. Only risk factor is diabetes.

My wife is having major cancer surgery Friday, I was wanting to get tested so the hospital can’t deny me access during recovery.

No one in my area will give me a test, unless I lie and claim symptoms.

Getting a Dr. or nurse to call back , is well, next to impossible.

Rant over.
                Tell them you suspect you have been in close contact with someone who was known positive.

Comment

Are you 100% positive the hospital will let you in the building?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                    Are you 100% positive the hospital will let you in the building?

The only reason would be acause I’m in jail for trespassing... if’n some karen at the front door tried to be a karen.

Bad news, I can’t go with the wife at 9:45 for her covid test, required.

Good news, I was able to get an appointment at 12:45 for my test. Gonna be another long night driving on 5 hours sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                      Tell them you suspect you have been in close contact with someone who was known positive.

That’s what I had to do...

I despise a liar, but I will do whatever necessary to be with my lovely and talented wife.

Comment

There are some quick options that take insurance, try ER Near Me and see if they have them in your area

Comment

I went to the Dickies parking garage by Will Rogers and did a drive thru test. No appt needed. Saliva test too. Same thing offered at TCC south campus off of 20. Had results in less than 2 days.

Comment

Oh and forgot to mention free

Comment

you don't need symptoms for a test if you tell them you've been exposed to someone positive ... symptoms will come later, if you're positive, but you need the test before then so you don't infect others around you.

Comment

All the clinics require an appointment.

Won’t give you one if your not showing symptoms.
                                Just tell them you were exposed and can't return tonwprk without a test. They should give you one

Comment

Working...
                                X