Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
    Jack Hinson's One-Man War.

True story of a Tennessee farmer who wished to remain neutral in the Civil War, but Yankee brutality turned him into perhaps the greatest sniper ever. An amazing story and timely reading considering all that's going on now.

https://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2...s-one-man-war/
    Was going to post this.

Comment

Up for the readers!

Comment

If you are interested in reading a book on hunting, especially calling critters including turkeys, deer and predators, you might try EYES FRONT. I released this book a couple of weeks ago and it is getting really rave reviews. Go to www.burnhambrothers.com to place an order.
        133 color photos, 99 hunting tips and the forward written by Larry Weishuhn.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

I like the books that have tapes to go along with and listen to. Too bad tape players are basically obsolete these days!

Comment

I just finished In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead by James Burke.

It was a really good read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Awesome...thanks!!

Comment

I have liked every book by Winston Groom that I have read.

Comment

Switching directions for a second - listing this as it’s more of a look into how wildrose does training as opposed to a how to book. It’s good to understand as many different theories and methods to training as possible to formulate a training program specific to your specific retreiver IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also knocked out this lil novel on the plane (don’t look at me like that it’s my GF’s book and I was bored) anyways it was entertaining and an easy read. Was a best seller whatever that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Triple post but I’m leaving this link here on stoicism. Thought it was an interesting thread and lead me to meditations at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                        I'm currently about halfway through, "Hymns of the Republic," by S.C. Gwynne.

Very good read about the final year of the Civil War.

Literally just finished that minutes ago. I also HIGHLY recommend “Rebel Yell” by Gwynn and of course “Empire of the Summer Moon” if you haven’t read that....best book I’ve ever read.

Comment

Good book to read?

Comment

Brad Thor's new release Near Dark was outstanding...hard to put down. (Thriller)

Arc Light by Eric Harry was a fun read...about an accidental nuclear war that goes conventional between US & Russia. (Novel)

Comment

All Cormac McCarty's books, The Patrick O'Brians series (Master and Commander), my favorite, Moby ****

Comment

Over & Back - True Stories of American Pilots Flying North to South into Mexico

My Dad was a mechanic for quite a few of these guys and a friend of the author.

Comment

Working...
                                X