Dogs Chewing Vehicle Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs Chewing Vehicle Wires

In the last week my dogs have chewed up the ABS speed sensor wires (these are attached to the rear hubs on most newer vehicles) on three different vehicles. Cruise control doesn't work when these are damaged.

After repairing all three vehicles I tried the No-Chew repellent spray but I just went outside with a flashlight to check for new damage and they've chewed up the wires on two of the trucks again. I'm ****** beyond words.
    I live in the country and the way my house/carport/yard is set up there's no way to segregate the dogs from the vehicles. Aside from the .357 solution or giving them away, any ideas on preventing this?

Rub ghost peppers on them

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Put some rat traps around the tire it gets snapped by 1 of those it will get the point or mouse traps depends how cruel you are. That's y I would use the big ones lol

Comment

Bring your dogs inside at night?

Comment

Catch them chewing, then burn them down with a shock collar. You have to do it while they are commiting the "crime" or they won't know what they're getting shocked for. After a couple times they won't go near it.

Won't hurt the dog, but they will get the message. That's the way a friend of mine snake trains his bird dogs. Put them on a leash , walk them up to a live de-fanged rattler and when he goes to sniff the snake give him the juice. I think it'll work. Good luck.

Comment

Insert pic of bullet here!

Comment

I sell auto wiring. Pm me if you need plugs.................

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                Bring your dogs inside at night?
                They're outside dogs. This is happening during the day when we are gone. Yes, we could park the vehicles outside the gate surrounding our house but this is my dam place and I'm not going to work around their program.

I've tried catching them in the act and the shock collar deal may be the way to go. Or a game camera to find out which one is doing it and eliminate them one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  I sell auto wiring. Pm me if you need plugs.................
                  Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                    Catch them chewing, then burn them down with a shock collar. You have to do it while they are commiting the "crime" or they won't know what they're getting shocked for. After a couple times they won't go near it.

Won't hurt the dog, but they will get the message. That's the way a friend of mine snake trains his bird dogs. Put them on a leash , walk them up to a live de-fanged rattler and when he goes to sniff the snake give him the juice. I think it'll work. Good luck.
                    Thanks for the reply, that may be the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                      Put some rat traps around the tire it gets snapped by 1 of those it will get the point or mouse traps depends how cruel you are. That's y I would use the big ones lol
                      Yes, I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                        Rub ghost peppers on them

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                        Ha!

Comment

chilli powder around truck or parking area worked for me/also mouse traps.depending on the size of the dogs u could go with rat traps

Comment

Are you sure its the dogs chewing the wires and not rats?

Comment

My daughter had this issue with her Carolla and found out it was a rabbit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X