X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Viper HD Binoculars

Are these any good? Worth the price?
    Attached Files

I would think they should be a pretty good pair of bino's in that price range. I know they don't compare the Swarovski & such. I use the Vortex Diamondback HD ($270) and some Steiner Predators ($550). I can't really tell the difference between the two, especially for the price difference. Before, I started to move up to the next quality of glass, I was using some cheap Bushnell but I could really tell the difference with a little better quality of glass

Comment

Yes, I have the same set there pretty clear.

Comment

At that price nothing compares. I’ve very pleased with mine. My only issue (and not the binos fault) is I for the first time wished I’d gone 8x. The 10x is almost too much in the type cover I typically hunt. But south and west they are nice

Comment

As much as I dislike vortex, they do make solid binos for the money. These will serve you well. And that’s usually the Black Friday price. So they are priced very well

Comment

I don’t think you’ll find anything better for the price. I’m not a fan of the Diamondbacks, but the Viper and Razor lines are solid binos for the money. I ran a set of Vipers for a long time before I upgraded to Swaros not too long ago. The vipers ride around in my pickup now as a backup pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Maven C series is probably the only thing better in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                The Maven C series is probably the only thing better in that price range.
                I wasn’t impressed with Maven. However it was pretty brief.

Comment

Maven will probably be in the $400.

Comment

Looks like a good deal at that price point. Anything I know of that would compete would take at least an extra $100. Even then only a few.

Comment

I have them in 8x and also 10x and love them. I paid close to $500 total for the 8x and even love them for that price. Purchased the 10x used in the classifieds about a year ago and have been very happy with that pair as well. I'm not seeing them at Cabelas for the price you posted but I know they were in that range on Black Friday.

Comment

Plain lucky.
                        I called and talk to Cabelas, and they said these are made specifically for Cabelas by Vortex.
                        Cabelas said they are made at their factory in Japan. They have a couple thousand made at a time.

Comment

I took em out close to dark and compared them to my Nikon prostaff 7’s They seem clearer and sharper And compared to the gen 2 vipers they are worth the price.

Comment

I have been using theses for the last two years and love them. Bought a pair for my son for Christmas and he loves them. You won’t regret it especially at that price.
                            Last edited by swanjts; 01-28-2023, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Good Morning TBH. Thank you all for the information. I purchased the Vortex Viper HD and Glass Pack.
                              Things are definitely clear and will work for birding, hunting, and glassing fields.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X