Skin cancer ain’t no joke .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    Where does she work ? LaGrange,Hallettsville?
    She’s in San Antonio.

Comment

Scary stuff

Comment

Fellas, this stuff ain’t a joke. Good news is there are recent meds that do terrific things. Also there is good news in even old stuff like effy cream used early and regularly can help keep this stuff in check.

Wear sunscreen and see a doctor regularly like a religion.

I only have one funny story on the subject. I have several dermatologists, on base, VA, and Private. On base over the years I have no modesty whatsoever, lets look at it and address it. I went to a private doctor now at DeSilva Dermatology in Boerne, he tried to chew my butt because when he and the assistant came in I was butt naked and ready to get the exam on. I put him in his place and now I have another not so sensitive doctor. This dufus even wanted his patients to sign something saying they wouldn’t record him. I don’t want any pansy doctors for a serious subject.
        Last edited by Voodoo; 01-27-2023, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Had a large chunk of my back cut out to get rid of melanoma. Lucky to have caught it before it spread. No joke indeed.

Comment

Had/have same cancer. It all scary.

Comment

Had one removed from my upper chest about 25 yrs ago and no recurrence. It was not squamous cell though.

Comment

Skin cancer ain't no joke! I'm hoping to get a clean bill of health after my final five year scans and check-ups later this spring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cancer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	24705042

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

I’ve had a basal cell removed, get checked every year now. Both parents have had numerous removed, scary stuff. Definitely get checked, just for peace of mind if nothing else.

Comment

Been to dermatologist three times since Aug. Total of 12 biopsies done. This is a picture of me after I went in November.

That was after 11 biopsies. All clear. Notice that little tiny darker spot on the tip of my nose? A month later that was biopsied and tested positive for melanoma. They caught it super early. Mohr's surgery scheduled next month they should get it all. Hopefully won't loose much nose. I was lucky. Forgot I had an extra appointment scheduled and normally would have pushed it to year end. But that spot had gotten a little darker. I figured play it safe have the doctor take a look. Lesson learned. Pay attention to changes! I literally just saw a dermatologist a month and a half before hand!

Comment

I had a spot about the size of a pencil eraser, on my thigh that rarely ever saw the sun, Dermatologist asked me about and I explained that I had it for some time and wasn't too concerned about it. Luckily she was and decided to biopsy it , she called three days later to tell me it was melanoma. Thankfully it was removed a week later and it had not spread. Now I see her every six months for a full body check. I thank her every time I see her for being so aggressive with my exams.

Comment

I go get checked every 6 months by my doctor - have never had anything serious but grew up in the sun. I have had several friends either pass away from melanoma on the scalp. You can see problems on your face, arms and body but nobody thinks to check their scalp.

Once a year I put a cream my doctor gave me all over my face, ears, neck, and hands for two weeks. It seeks out any potential bad spots and takes care of any potential issues. Looks like you have measles for a few days but does the job

Comment

I’ve been putting off going in for a screening. Growing up in Hawaii and not believing in sunscreen till I was in my 20s is not a good combo. Have some stuff I need checked but been too worried to do it

Comment

Hunting Fool do you know the name of the cream that you were prescribed?

Comment

I wish I didn’t open this thread.

I need to get checked

Comment

Working...
                                X