Turn Off Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn Off Feeders

How many of you turn your corn feeders off after deer season? I have been running 2 corn feeders year round for 3 years and it has not helped out as far as seeing deer. I really believe there are not many deer where my property is and too many hunters. And the price of corn is outrageous. I'm thinking next year to start running PVC feeders and hand corn around August - September and be done with it.

I only keep a couple corn feeders running in the offseason if I want to shoot pigs

Comment

I feed corn through March usually. By then the browse is starting to green up. My wheat stays cropped close to the ground until browse starts to grow. Usually when the wheat starts to grow I’m out of corn anyway. For me, it’s more about helping the deer than it is about attracting them. And I don’t need no stinkin’ hogs !

Comment

We let one or two run for rooters. Then stop in may so rooters leave.

Comment

I feed 7 corn and one protein feeder that feeds 3 times a day year round. My neighbors can’t seem to figure out why my place has all the awesome animals.

Comment

I just reduce the corn to a minimum. They seem to like the 30k pounds of protein I feed free choice year round better.

Comment

If you’re gonna feed em, feed them te good stuff. Protein and cottonseed.

Comment

Continuous for me though I do dial it down a bit when spring hits.

Comment

Feed Protein, as much as they can eat or as much as you can afford, whichever comes first.....

Comment

I don’t do it but, I hear Hand corn gets deer used to your scent and could help.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                      If you’re gonna feed em, feed them te good stuff. Protein and cottonseed.
                      This right here. Corn feeders get reduced to pinche’ mode and cotton seed and protein get turned up to make your wife gripe about how we feed the deer better than ourselves mode. Start next week as a matter of fact.

Comment

After deer season bump the corn feeders down to 2 seconds morning and 1 second evening to keep them around.

Comment

We spin corn all year but in the off season we reduce the spin time to 3 seconds once per day.

Comment

Why bother with feeding them in the first place if your worried about the cost? You probably spend several thousands of dollars a year on the lease payments, fancy side by side, new rifle/bow, feeders? Heck with all that money invested I wouldn’t feed them either.

Comment

We turn the throw time down but feed corn all year long morning and evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X