Good Weekend with the Tradbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a good weekend with my Recurve, I was able to take an 8 point Sunday evening from a tree stand overlooking my feeder. I watched the deer I shot working does, and milling around my setup for about 45 minutes before he gave me a quartering away shot at 8 yds. I practiced this elevated shot many times over the last couple of years and it paid off. My arrow entered little high and back and came out the other side right under his armpit. I knew he was dead the minute I saw my arrow hit him. I would like to thank Gary and Bisch and all of you experienced trad folks that post and give advice on this forum. I don’t feel like a would be able to continue to grow as a tradbow hunter without all of your help. This deer ran maybe 50 yds before he died. He is by no means a trophy buck, but he is the the best trophy I have ever taken in my life to me. Thanks again to all of you who have taken time to help me, became a better trad bow hunter. Gary is going to post the picture for me.

Congrats again Jason!!!!!!

Now go get another one!!!

Bisch

P.S. - Gary is too slow!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats Jason! He’s a trad bow trophy no matter what anyone says!!

Comment

Any bowhunter will tell you that deer is a hard earned trophy. If anyone thinks it's not, hand them the stick and tell them to get after it. Congrats brother

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations again Jason. You've worked hard to get here. You've earned it.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations, the addiction just got worse

Comment

Congratulations on a fine trophy.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Awesome! Are trad bows too long for tree stand hunting, or even a ground blind? Looks like some of these bows are close to 5’ long.
                  Another question and not trying to hijack. Is trad easier for older people with bad eyesight since your not focusing on a small sight pin?

Comment

Trad bows can work fine in a blind or tree stand. Length is key.
                    And no. You still need to be able to see. Blind people with bows are a health hazard.

Comment

Congrats JayBay! He’s a trophy for sure! Be prepared, the addiction just gets worse from here! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        Trad bows can work fine in a blind or tree stand. Length is key.
                        And no. You still need to be able to see. Blind people with bows are a health hazard.

Yessir. I can see. I’ve got cataracts in both eyes and a small pin can be difficult for me to focus on.

Comment

This is actually my third deer kill with a tradbow, I have been shooting about 2 and a half years, When I started out I knew nothing, just basiclly was the guy who got onto the Traditional forum and ask which bow I should get, Samick Sage was the answer and that is what I bought. The Sage for me was a little to long for a tree blind 62 inches thats just for my comfort, not others. I am now shooting 58 inch and 56 inch bows, and most of the veterans think thats to short. You have to go with in my experence what you feell comfortable with. The deer I killed in the picture most of the vets on here probably would have shot him 30 minites earlier in the hunt than I did, I had him broadside at 15 several times. I can make that shot but I wanted a better one and I got a quatering shot at 8. Traditional archery makes someone a better hunter in my book, not only is it hard to get profecient with it, but, shot selection and distance are key. You have to practice a lot to get good enough to hunt with one IMO, and even then your going to make a bad shot sometimes. I will say this when you make it all come togerher, its a very rewarding feeling.

Comment

Had a similar issue. Got multifocal lenses and resolved that issue .

Comment

Congrats on a nice deer with that recurve. Great patience to get the shot you wanted!

Comment

Working...
                              X