No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have been hunting the TBR the past two years with little luck, mainly because of a hard class and work schedule. But, this year i plan on paying the $48 and bowhunting the state park too. Hopefully ill have some more luck this year and if anyone sees a 1500 black chevy texas edition its probably me come and say hi

Comment

Tlaw19, Where have you been hunting on the TBR. I have a spot on area 3 and also area 1 that have shown some possibilities. I would be willing to work with you to share info to see if we can be more successful together. Let me know. Us bowhunters need to work together out there.

Comment

I have hunted 2 and 3 in the past, i am debating about moving to 4 or going back to 3 this year, i have been gone all summer and ill have to jump right out there and start getting something set up before dove season kicks in. I'm all in, pm me and we can try and set something up for whenever i get back

Comment

Well me and a fellow TBHer were out on unit 5 over the weekend and noticed one hell of a blind and feeder up out there. If its a fellow TBHer nice job that took effort. Also if anyone is wanting to hunt out there the people that lease the grazing to the unit were driving the fence lines patching holes and gaps in what looked like a black dodge diesel. They have horses out there and I am not sure what other livestock they have out there. I am pretty sure they have goats also but I am not sure if they have any turned out on unit 5. Also if you have anything visible from a road or place where a vehicle could travel here is a fair warning, the people that lease the place took some of our stuff we left by the road for not even 20min as they drove by. Benefit of the doubt given to the leasee but what they took was brand new and I doubt any one would think it was just "left behind".

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
            Well me and a fellow TBHer were out on unit 5 over the weekend and noticed one hell of a blind and feeder up out there. If its a fellow TBHer nice job that took effort. Also if anyone is wanting to hunt out there the people that lease the grazing to the unit were driving the fence lines patching holes and gaps in what looked like a black dodge diesel. They have horses out there and I am not sure what other livestock they have out there. I am pretty sure they have goats also but I am not sure if they have any turned out on unit 5. Also if you have anything visible from a road or place where a vehicle could travel here is a fair warning, the people that lease the place took some of our stuff we left by the road for not even 20min as they drove by. Benefit of the doubt given to the leasee but what they took was brand new and I doubt any one would think it was just "left behind".
            That's probably me. I moved my set-up from last year due to foot traffic and people walking through while I was hunting. I went overboard a bit and I'm still trying to finish it up. Hopefully I have some luck this year because last year I missed a prime opportunity at 20 yards. If livestock is put onto 5 then hunting will problematic, especially with horses. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

so has anyone had any luck out there recently?

Comment

ill be out there friday night to set up camp. and hope to get setup saturday and hunt then. going to stay mainly in unit1

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Shooter View Post
                  That's probably me. I moved my set-up from last year due to foot traffic and people walking through while I was hunting. I went overboard a bit and I'm still trying to finish it up. Hopefully I have some luck this year because last year I missed a prime opportunity at 20 yards. If livestock is put onto 5 then hunting will problematic, especially with horses. Thanks for the heads up.
                  Ha we were wondering if that was you. It maybe overboard but it will be nice. Yeah I am thinking they will be putting livestock out there since they patched up the fences. I am just hoping they don't put sheep or goats out there. I think there maybe javilena running around out there also that wont be to great either. I have watched them suckers run deer off a feeder and take it over many times so it will be an interesting season. Unit 5 may not be to great this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                    Ha we were wondering if that was you. It maybe overboard but it will be nice. Yeah I am thinking they will be putting livestock out there since they patched up the fences. I am just hoping they don't put sheep or goats out there. I think there maybe javilena running around out there also that wont be to great either. I have watched them suckers run deer off a feeder and take it over many times so it will be an interesting season. Unit 5 may not be to great this year.
                    So did you lose a salt block? I was talking to Jimmy, really nice guy, he owns the land right next to 5. He said the leasee dropped off one thinking it was his. They said it was right next to the road and they figured it fell off his trailer. PM me for his number.

Livestock is in...the goats and horses were right next near the fence line today. I just hope it doesn't ruin the season. I also heard the leasee may remove the live stock during hunting season.

My hunting time will be severely limited this year...I have to deploy down range.

Comment

Well that's where the protein block went lol!! Dura dude and I were carrying crap in and those blocks weigh a ton after a hike in there.. We left one near the road to be able to find it, came back and it was gone.. We thought that was strange..
                      Last edited by buxNdux; 08-05-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Big&J blocks are the way to go

Comment

JD where are you getting those blocks at?

Comment

Tractor Supply usually carries them... Academy usually has them... Krogans might have
                            Them... Maybe Palmers....

Comment

Ok cool deal, I didn't see any in academy last time I was in there and I think grogans is only a purina dealer. I will definitely check tractor supply and academy again thanks!!!

Comment

I don’t suppose anyone knows the landowner or leasee to the north or east of unit 5 off hwy 67 do they or how to contact them? That or the person that leases the grazing on unit 5?
                                Last edited by DuramaxDude; 09-03-2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X