Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
    orientation date knocks me out, will be in africa. good luck to all.
    Hunt? If so what?

Comment

seriously want a bush pig, red hartbeeste and a bigger wart hog would be nice, other than that just got the right chance to go back.

really like public hunting and will do Georgetown someday, good luck to everyone putting in.

Comment

Originally posted by hogdaddy View Post
        seriously want a bush pig, red hartbeeste and a bigger wart hog would be nice, other than that just got the right chance to go back.

really like public hunting and will do Georgetown someday, good luck to everyone putting in.
        Good luck in Africa

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
          I was #18 today at 4pm. 100 Permits, 30 exempt from last year so those of us not exempt will be drawing for 70 Permits....Good Luck All
          I heard there were 45 exempts from last year. 70 is alot better than 55. I was in five years in a row before last year, so I hope that I can get back in this go around!!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
            I heard there were 45 exempts from last year. 70 is alot better than 55. I was in five years in a row before last year, so I hope that I can get back in this go around!!
            I believe there were 45 does taken last year in total. Maybe 7 or 8 of those doe were taken by the same hunter? That would get it down close to the 30 exemptions mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
              I believe there were 45 does taken last year in total. Maybe 7 or 8 of those doe were taken by the same hunter? That would get it down close to the 30 exemptions mentioned.
              If I get back in I am killing every nanny goat I see!! This year you have to kill a doe, or spike I believe, before you get a buck tag. Is that correct? I hope so. Get it out of the way and then slay 'ol big boy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                If I get back in I am killing every nanny goat I see!! This year you have to kill a doe, or spike I believe, before you get a buck tag. Is that correct? I hope so. Get it out of the way and then slay 'ol big boy!!
                Yes doe or spike will get you back next year BUT i wish they would have stayed with doe before buck tag like they did this year so tags would last longer and we would be closer to numbers on doe harvests.

Comment

White-Tailed Deer Hunting

2013-2014 Harvest Numbers

7 Buck

4 Spike

45 Doe

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                    White-Tailed Deer Hunting

2013-2014 Harvest Numbers

7 Buck

4 Spike

45 Doe
                    Those are some of the lowest totals I have seen. We killed 168 doe in 2008 I believe.

Comment

Yes doe or spike will get you back next year BUT i wish they would have stayed with doe before buck tag like they did this year so tags would last longer and we would be closer to numbers on doe harvests.
                      If im not mistaken I believe the are doing doe or spike before buck this year as well. I think regardless you want to get a doe to lock in for the following year. I know that will be my goal if I make it in.

Comment

Originally posted by stringstalker84 View Post
                        If im not mistaken I believe the are doing doe or spike before buck this year as well. I think regardless you want to get a doe to lock in for the following year. I know that will be my goal if I make it in.
                        Doing it doe/spike buck tags will run out sooner since buck tags go on spikes too and most just want to shoot something and forget the program is really to help them manage the herd not just so we have a place to hunt.

It was doe = buck tag (spike/bucks ) last year to help get does numbers and save the buck tags.

If you have to earn a buck tag by killing a doe works as better management IMO.

Comment

Doing it doe/spike buck tags will run out sooner since buck tags go on spikes too and most just want to shoot something and forget the program is really to help them manage the herd not just so we have a place to hunt.

It was doe = buck tag (spike/bucks ) last year to help get does numbers and save the buck tags.

If you have to earn a buck tag by killing a doe works as better management IMO.
                          I agree

Comment

So is it only 200 applications being accepted?

Or is it as many until July??

Comment

Originally posted by topduarte View Post
                              So is it only 200 applications being accepted?

Or is it as many until July??
                              No just until July....100 spots total after drawing names
                              Last edited by justintyme8303; 05-13-2014, 05:46 PM.

Comment

No just until July....100 spots total
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X