ASA Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I just won't shoot with the compound folks anymore. Even at a benefit shoot last year they just clog up the course and make it miserable and stupid slow.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
    I don’t think I could sum it up any better than that! Lol

Comment

We don’t have any trad shoots so this is our clubs big event.
      Also have a DOT shoot in May.

Comment

I'm sure there are traditional shooters who do. And when I shot compound bows I did as well. But that whole asinine process the shooters adopted was so . . . asinine, me and several friends just walked away.
        Then again golfers who can joke at the T are lousy to shoot with too.

Comment

The trad shooters are usually off or nearly done with the course before the compounds go out, which makes it nice.

Comment

I have a different mind set when I'm shooting competition.

When I'm on the course to do my thang, I am serious about it. That's not the time for me to be goofing around. I'm there to shoot.

Don't get me wrong, I still like to have fun, and visit, just not on the course.

When I was heavily into competition, I preferred shooting with a group of good compound shooters. Not because it was more enjoyable. It was because it slowed me down, and made me concentrate more on my shooting without distractions, but yes - it made for a long grueling day at times.

Rick

Comment

That may have come off wrong, so let me say this:

I love going to shoots to see & visit with my friends, and make new friends.

That has always been huge part of it for me.

But, if I am competing also, I take it very serious, and don't want to be distracted from my shooting, especially when I am at the marker about to take my shot.

Rick

Comment

I'm not saying I don't try to make each shot but allowing 5 minutes per shooter is insane. Just a group of four that's twenty minutes at a target.
                On a TBoT 30 target course one can get in 4 rounds in a day with that same group size.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I'm not saying I don't try to make each shot but allowing 5 minutes per shooter is insane. Just a group of four that's twenty minutes at a target.
                  On a TBoT 30 target course one can get in 4 rounds in a day with that same group size.

I knew/know what you are saying, and agree.

A little slower is usually a good thing for most shooters scores, but a lot of the time it's so slow, that it's excruciating.

Rick

Comment

ASA has pretty strict guidelines as far as time is concerned. Not saying every shooter follows them, but it’s up to the group as a whole to enforce them. For the bigger shoots the range officials step in more often. Since trad goes out 2 hours before the compounds now, it hasn’t been an issue, but I do understand why shooting somewhere that doesn’t separate the shooting times can be aggravating. Even when I was competing with the wheel bow, I was there to work on my shooting, and I tried to avoid groups that I knew would do more time messing around than pulling their strings back. Other than our local club shoot, I didn’t go to many other monthly shoots due to the shooting time aspect.

Comment

From talking with some fellow trad shooters I don't think we will have anyone from our club shooting it.

Comment

Originally posted by *DW* View Post
                        From talking with some fellow trad shooters I don't think we will have anyone from our club shooting it.
                        Which is a crying shame, but it is what it is.

Rules are a must, but excessive ruling only turns folks away.

Like I said: Crying shame.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                          Which is a crying shame, but it is what it is.

Rules are a must, but excessive ruling only turns folks away.

Like I said: Crying shame.

Rick
                          Your right. It is a shame . But my buddies prefer the TBOT shoots.

Comment

ASA Waco

The biggest thing I have against ASA is that they are not a trad focused organization, and as such, their venues do not satisfy my craving. In ASA there is one trad class. You go to an ASA shoot, shoot one 30 target round, and get in your car and go home. If I go to a TBoT or IBO Traditional shoot, I can shoot multiple rounds in different classes in one day. I get a lot more fun (or aggravation, depending on the day [emoji38]) at an all trad venue than I do at a compound oriented shoot that only has one trad class.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                            X