Re-fletching Easton Carbon Legacy shafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-fletching Easton Carbon Legacy shafts

These shafts have a "white dipped" (I assume that means painted) nock end. How would I remove the old feathers without damaging the paint?
    Last edited by SJP51; 01-02-2023, 12:43 PM.

Don’t think that’s possible Steve. Fletchings cement is a booger to take off. I don’t think you could take it off without ruining the cresting, whether it’s painted or a wrap.

If I’m wrong, I’d like to hear how it’s done.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
      Don’t think that’s possible Steve. Fletchings cement is a booger to take off. I don’t think you could take it off without ruining the cresting, whether it’s painted or a wrap.

If I’m wrong, I’d like to hear how it’s done.
      That's what I was thinking. Kind of wish I had not bought these shafts, mostly for that reason. Only option I see is using a wrap. I've had good luck peeling wraps off of carbon shaft, but I don't know about paint.

Comment

You can just scrape the paint off with a knife!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Not sure you can with the easton legacy trad arrows. Pretty sure it's part of the actual wrap they put on to finish the arrow.

Best bet is to use a white wrap to cover any scraping disfigurements! But you may find the white doesn't come off as easy as you think.

Comment

If it’s a black shaft with a painted on cap, it can be scraped off. If it’s a wood grain shaft, it probably can’t.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              Not sure you can with the easton legacy trad arrows. Pretty sure it's part of the actual wrap they put on to finish the arrow.

Best bet is to use a white wrap to cover any scraping disfigurements! But you may find the white doesn't come off as easy as you think.
              Poked out the nock and looked. Seems the "white" is a wrap of some sort, just like the fake wood design is on the other end. It seems rather thick.

Have some clear wraps coming my way that will add 6 grains to the feather area. Mess up my tune and FOC a tad but should be able to get them off if needed.

Comment

Back in the day we used the old coke bottles. The 16oz tall ones. Had one about 3/4s full of acetone. You can buy it buy the quart at Walmart in the automotive section. Strip what we could off the arrow, the feather part, drop the arrow in, nock take out of course, and let it soak the glue, quill came off on its own sometimes.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just did a dozen on New Years Eve. On the feathers that didn't sit just right (True Flight) i just scraped off with a razor blade. No issues. Very disappointed in quality control at True Flight. Buddy did a dozen of his arrows with a different brand (i forget) and he had no issues. I threw away every 4th feather i think.

Comment

I buy a roll of white automotive vinyl wrap and cut mine to size. Fraction of what arrow wraps sell for. Even white appliance enamel paint works great and feathers hold tight.
                    Or just scrape it off and don’t bother with it and re fletch without cresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

which knife should I use for that?

Comment

Working...
                      X