Man I screwed up this evening..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 10 year old girl put a great shot on a deer this evening. About 530 or so . I made the mistake of not letting him sit long enough. I knew better but we were both so excited. He had blood pouring out of both sides . Jumped him about 75 yards from where she shot him . I let him sit a hour after that . Made it across two small property lines . Crossed into one I don’t have permission to be on. So I had to back out . I plan to talk to them tomorrow. Hope I can at least recover the horns .

How come you have to wait till tomorrow?

Comment

Strummer I usually agree with many of your post or comments.

This one above the necessity for age minimums. For hunting. Yes we all know 3 people who shot a buck with a .410. Reality is. Large game need to be held for older more mature audience or shooters.

Comment

That sucks but it happens. My wife shot a deer 15 years ago. We watched it hit the ground. Three of us get out of the stand and weren't really in hurry...we approach and he got up and ran for 200 more yards. I was trying to explain that some times we lose em when we stumbled upon him. Dual lung shot with a .260 Remington.

Comment

Ouch. Wishing you the best of luck for the young un

Absolutely nothing wrong with a 10 yo shooting! I’ve probably only taken 1 that was older than 9. If they can shoot a gun at 30 yards they can shoot a crossbow at 30 yards or less

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post

This one above the necessity for age minimums. For hunting. Yes we all know 3 people who shot a buck with a .410. Reality is. Large game need to be held for older more mature audience or shooters.
            If I’m reading this correct, you’re saying kids shouldn’t be allowed to hunt deer?

Good luck in the morning OP. I bet you find him quick tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
              How come you have to wait till tomorrow?

I don’t have permission to be on the property. I have to get ahold of the land owner.

Comment

Are you saying kids shouldn’t hunt large game?

Good luck op, your explanation above is one of many things that just happen to all of us as hunters.

Comment

CMON MAN........ LMAO...... you absolutely have to be kidding. Unbelievable

Comment

She did her part . This is all my fault .

Comment

Op
                      Ignore his stupid statement above.

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
                        CMON MAN........ LMAO...... you absolutely have to be kidding. Unbelievable
                        x200
                        hope you have some luck finding the deer
                        great job taking a kid hunting!

Comment

Hope y’all can find him tomorrow!

Comment

Fingers crossed in the morning for y’all!

Where was the shot with the deer making it as far as it has?

Comment

She was all smiles

Comment

Working...
                              X