No announcement yet.

2022 Formula 1 Season!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a fantastic race!! So many great battles throughout.

Verstappen wins, followed by LeClerc, Sainz and Perez.

Perez actually had a great start, and Verstappen got by Sainz on the opening lap. The first several laps were very clean by all the drivers.

There was a great battle between Alonso, Ocon, Bottas and Magnussen around lap 10. Such great racing!

On lap 16, Perez and LeClerc played the “undercut” game, and it was actually Perez that ending up pitting from the lead. Which was unfortunate, because Latify caused a Safety Car on the following lap, which gave everyone else a “free pit stop.” Except Hamilton and Magnussen — they both decided to stay out on their current tires.

The closing laps were such a great battle between LeClerc and Verstappen. Max finally got by Charles and was able to hang on to the lead in the last couple of laps.

The new regulations are definitely working this year. Amazing racing / battles throughout the field. It’s great to see such close racing.

Comment

RB 1st, Ferrari 2 and 3!!! Incredible race at the front. I think Australia race will be telling as others should have cars figured out. Ricardo, Tsuando, Hamilton, Alonso, Bottas all still having car tweaks.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure was an exciting race. I am not a RB fan, so I was hoping Ferrari could catch them. Hoping Mercedes gets their cars figured out quickly.

Comment

The DRS is a game changer for battles at the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That was one hell of a race!

Comment

So I had to leave around lap 20... and avoided the web just in case something popped into the feed....

I was not at all expecting that finish! And yes I like the Alonso/Ocon battling it out... I can only imagine what was happening behind the scene radios... LOL

Comment

Las Vegas for 2023 is official. F1 cars on the strip in Vegas! Should be a fun race.

The world-famous neon lights of Las Vegas will provide the backdrop to Formula 1’s newest race when the American city hosts a night event from 2023.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0MgjrJO8hA&t=47s"]RACER Chris Medland on F1 Coming To Las Vegas - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

COTA is so screwed, 2 U.S races... in the fall... during football... nope.

Comment

Las Vegas will be a night race on a Saturday in November.

Austin is usually in October, so I wonder if it will be after Austin, or after Mexico City.

Not sure if the attendance numbers at COTA will be affected that much. Drive To Survive continues to bring in lots of new fans.

Comment

I predict the Austin race won't exist on the schedule in 2023, and certainly not it the fall calendar spot if it its. Texas doesn't want to be subsidizing that expensive race anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          I predict the Austin race won't exist on the schedule in 2023, and certainly not it the fall calendar spot if it its. Texas doesn't want to be subsidizing that expensive race anyways.
                          I am curious, what does the state subsidize with COTA? They host a number of big events every year outside of F1. I would have thought they were operating in the black.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                            They just signed a 5 year extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                              I am curious, what does the state subsidize with COTA? They host a number of big events every year outside of F1. I would have thought they were operating in the black.
                              Close to $27M every year from the state.

Comment

Originally posted by F1addict View Post
                                Close to $27M every year from the state.

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...1-27-milllion/
                                Not 100% but think this is just them filing to get the taxes that are attributable to the business the track brings in for large events vs those tax dollars going to the state. So if the surrounding county shows an increase in tax revenue for hotels, bars, etc of $20MM for the period of the race then they can file to get that tax revenue vs it going to the state and I think there is a time period it falls off...so its an accelerated payback period...I think. I guess my point is that at least for once it taxes going to something I support haha.

It supposed to bring larger events to the state and in turn bring more business and be an economic stimulus. I don't think they are able to claim all the tax revenues either so the state still get something just not as much.

Comment

Working...
                                X