Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you doing for workouts at home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's all I do these days is kettlebells. I have that same book from Pavel. I've been a follower of us and a KB user for years. I own and have read several of his books.
    I have 2 24kg, a 70lb, and 88lb KB. I purchased a new 124lb from Rogue 10 days ago. Still hasn't shipped. I guess I've been swinging for 10 years or so. I wish I had started using them as a primary 10 years ago.

J

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
      That's all I do these days is kettlebells. I have that same book from Pavel. I've been a follower of us and a KB user for years. I own and have read several of his books.
      I have 2 24kg, a 70lb, and 88lb KB. I purchased a new 124lb from Rogue 10 days ago. Still hasn't shipped. I guess I've been swinging for 10 years or so. I wish I had started using them as a primary 10 years ago.

J
      124#? Dang! Are you gonna do getups with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
        SEAL FIt Man Maker - YouTube

Been doing 5 set of 10 of above with 50 box jumps, 50 step ups in between sets.
        250 jumps and 250 stepups?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
          124#? Dang! Are you gonna do getups with that?
          Eventually
          I can do get ups with the 88. I’ve snatched a 106 kb as well. I don’t think I could snatch 124 right now. I’ll use it for heavier swings right now. I’d love to own a 200lb+ for swings. Family budget is holding that purchase back.

J

Comment

Raise legs on my chair, put legs down on chair, walk to ice box, use arm curl to pick up want ever I want, back to chair, raise legs up, eat what ever I picked up, then just repeat about 12 times a day

God Bless
            Bish

Comment

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
              Eventually
              I can do get ups with the 88. I’ve snatched a 106 kb as well. I don’t think I could snatch 124 right now. I’ll use it for heavier swings right now. I’d love to own a 200lb+ for swings. Family budget is holding that purchase back.

J
              That's strong. If you get to where you can do getups with 124#, that would be awesome. I'm still just using the 50, working on technique. Just been doing them 2 weeks. The weight isn't bad, but figuring out how to stabilize it during the transitional movements takes some practice. I feel like I've made some good progress on it though. But now I can't find any kettlebells heavier than 50. I'll keep looking. Hopefully, by the time I'm ready to move up to 70# (or whatever 2 pood is), I will be able to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I'm somewhat limited because of lack of equipment at home. All I have are 15 -25-35lb dumbells. One "round" is:
                Air squats (we used to call deep knee bends)
                Lunges w/dumbells
                Push-ups
                Military presses
                Shoulder flys
                Tricep extensions
                Curls
                I do three rounds

I need to build a pull up bar but haven't figured the best way

I got my road bike off the wall yesterday - tuned it up and replaced the tubes. Once this next stretch of rain is over I will hit the roads around my house.
                I can send pics of mine. Built in garage. Basically ran through garage ceiling into actual brace. Then bolted steel pipe to that.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  I can send pics of mine. Built in garage. Basically ran through garage ceiling into actual brace. Then bolted steel pipe to that.

I float between 250-275 and its held fine.

Comment

That would be great, flex - can you post a pic of your pull-up bar??

Comment

I found a 70# kettlebell on ebay that was in stock and will be here by next Tuesday (it says).

Comment

12 oz. curls!

Comment

I've been renovating a house, so I'm pretty beat everyday. I have kettle bells and 12lb weight ball and a core ball, jump rope and such. Go cut some wood and use and axe to split it. Go bang on a tire with a sledge hammer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Started back working out in the garage yesterday.. I've been on 7 12s for 4 months on nights.. I have a pretty good start on legs from climbing towers at work every night. Planning on bench push ups sit ups dead lift and power clean. One day then pull ups sit ups planks leg raises and jogging the next.. after a month of that I'll jog everyday.. at work I walk the reactor stairs its 240 ft tall.. I was in decent shape last year for Elk but what I figured out is you can never been in too good of shape..

Comment

I’ve started running again. In a way I’m grateful for everything being closed because it’s made me do something I usually avoid... but once my gym opens back up I’m right back in the gym and throwing these running shoes away.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Working...
                                X