Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska Spring Bear Hunting Canceled. (Not A Joke)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They rescinded the order for residents only today. Woo hoo! I get my residency the first of next month. Can’t wait!

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
      LMiz, what outfitter were y’all using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We were doing a non-guided hunt

Comment

They finally opened it for residents but still no luck on nonresident hunters. Bear season lengths are different in each unit! I truly feel this is getting out of hand and I’m worried what the future looks likes!

Comment

Glad to see they rescinded the resident part

Comment

Yep, and a few other states. I sent a letter to Governor Abbott yesterday to NOT FOLLOW suit when it comes to hunting and fishing.

Comment

Just wait until they cancel deer season in some states for non residents, its about the interstate travel, watch the cell phone ping video from spring break in florida and how it spread all over the country in a matter of days.

Comment

Has anyone gotten word on refunds for locking tags and hunting/fishing license?

Still have not heard from Alaska Fish & Game

Comment

Originally posted by LMiz View Post
                  Has anyone gotten word on refunds for locking tags and hunting/fishing license?

Still have not heard from Alaska Fish & Game

I’m working with my outfitter to see if I can get one. He’s offering a sheep hunt in the Brooks range as a replacement hunt. Wondering what kind of experience that might be. I’m also filing with my travel insurance but assuming they will find a way to weasel out of paying.

Comment

There was a meeting a week or so ago by the board of fish and game to look at the spring season. They will take it up again in May. i don't recall the date. But they are looking at ways to honor this year's tags. I drew Kodiak Brown Bear and of course my trip was cancelled so Im hopeful they will extend it to 2021.

Comment

I’m working with my outfitter to see if I can get one. He’s offering a sheep hunt in the Brooks range as a replacement hunt. Wondering what kind of experience that might be. I’m also filing with my travel insurance but assuming they will find a way to weasel out of paying.

Man that's a sweet way to refund if you got one!

Comment

I would make that trade over and over

Comment

Need this to happen during sheep season be nice and quite in them hills.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                            Man that's a sweet way to refund if you got one!

Yeah I’ve been impressed so far by how Jonah has handled this. He just said we’ll make it work. I never thought too much about running up and down the Brooks range but I’m game for it if the knees hold out. Really wanted to arrow one of those big brown bears though. Just can’t seem to close the deal.

Comment

Yeah I’ve been impressed so far by how Jonah has handled this. He just said we’ll make it work. I never thought too much about running up and down the Brooks range but I’m game for it if the knees hold out. Really wanted to arrow one of those big brown bears though. Just can’t seem to close the deal.

I did my spring bear and my dall sheep with Jonah. You won’t regret it for sure. If it’s in the cards it probably won’t be hard to get on a grizzly up there either

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                I did my spring bear and my dall sheep with Jonah. You won’t regret it for sure. If it’s in the cards it probably won’t be hard to get on a grizzly up there either

Jonah is high on my list. Any idea on how far out he is staying booked for Dall?

Comment

Working...
                                X