No announcement yet.

Menard/Mason/Brady 2019-2020 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man what a great "wild" Mason county buck!! Good job getting that buck mounted.. He is definitely worthy.. With those brows and that drop he looks bigger than 145"..

Comment

Last few weeks, we have had excellent rains in Menard County. Forbes are REALLY growing which should help jump start body condition as well as put bucks in great shape to grow antlers.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Hey guys, lost our lease in Brady last year and really would like to get back there. I have 4 -8 guys so if you know of an extra pasture or your are looking to replace some folks please send me a PM.
        Many thanks
        Raleigh

Comment

Just now seeing the drop tine buck and wow! what a stud! Our land lord found a double drop we had on camera. Small frame but a neat deer. Any one going turkey hunting this weekend? Was planning on it untill i look at the rain coming.

Comment

Raining today, light rains in Menard with pretty good rain southwest and south of town. More expected tomorrow and Sunday. I am not seeing many hunters around town, most likely because of COVID 19 scare and threat of bad weather.
            Birds are gobbling, especially jakes. Going to be a challenging season for long beards as the jakes are ganging up on them.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Wet and windy around Ft. McKavett. Turkey opener gonna be a bit chilly and wet.

Comment

Anyone out there? Im at home, will make the trip next weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                  Anyone out there? Im at home, will make the trip next weekend...
                  I’m glad I’m not hunting this weekend, it looks like we’ve had another 2.25”. Very thankful for all the rain!

Comment

I would have been going this weekend, but I am not partial to hunting turkeys in the rain. I need some outdoor time in God’s country so I will be watching for the weather to clear up and head up there. Stay safe and healthy guys.

Comment

This is the first video I’ve ever tried to edit, so don’t be too harsh, but here’s a Jake double from a few weeks ago in Gillespie Co.
                      https://youtu.be/Y_YPpVUhPh4

Comment

Cool video, thanks for sharing.

Comment

That’s an awesome vid. That’s pretty messed up/weird, his ol buddy was rapin him after he took a dirt nap [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                            That’s an awesome vid. That’s pretty messed up/weird, his ol buddy was rapin him after he took a dirt nap [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Ya he didn’t waste any time at all!

Comment

Made a trip up to go turkey hunting this weekend. Had some jakes in range a few times, no long beards. Will be heading back this weekend....Turkey numbers seem low.

Comment

Yea I had couple gobbling but never came in. I did spooks 2 hens nesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X