No announcement yet.

Texas unemployment debacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers are with you all! I was thrilled to see my SS deposit posted this week. Now waiting for the 2 retirement deposits so I am blessed and thankful where so many are hurting. Been there and done that with unemployment program but for the 1st timers it's or was pretty smooth when you get it done.

Hang in there and hopefully this will turn around soon!

Comment

i came across a new number this morning 866-274-1722 and was able to get right on the phone with a human that was able to fix my log in issue. hope this helps... good luck

Comment

i applied last week online. Try using FireFox browser. IE and Chrome was timing out BUT Firefox worked and was able to get it fully submitted.

Comment

This is pretty **** bad, I know of three people who cant get the website to even open, the phone number is busy all day... Here's some unemployment help, but you can't actually access it.....

Comment

I have employees begging to be laid off. They are saying they can get unemployment plus the government will kick in $600/week on top of that. They would all be making more laying around the house than working. Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              I have employees begging to be laid off. They are saying they can get unemployment plus the government will kick in $600/week on top of that. They would all be making more laying around the house than working. Is that true?
              Mine has hinted around to that. Makes me want to fire him...

I wont, though. Dont want legal trouble

Comment

Try later at night.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                  One of the guys at work said the same thing the other day. Don’t know if it is true or not.
                  We just found out today at work that all our loads going to A
                  Austin are being pushed back 4-6 weeks. Waiting now to see what happens in Houston and the DFW area.

We deliver doors and trim to new apartments being built, plus single family houses being built.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
                    i cant get logged in and says i have to call them...PITA
                    Originally posted by Wbeene13 View Post
                    my mom has tried and apparently she still has an account from when she drew unemployment 10 years ago. She has to use a code from back then to log on and has been locked out after 3 tries. It is telling her she has to call to get a new code to unlock and that has been impossible.
                    Same thing happened to my daughter. She drew unemployment for about 6 months several years ago and can’t remember her “code” to complete application online. It directs her to call in. She’s been trying to call all freaking day for the last 10 days and can’t get through to a live person.
                    Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
                    i came across a new number this morning 866-274-1722 and was able to get right on the phone with a human that was able to fix my log in issue. hope this helps... good luck
                    I directed her to this #. Constant busy signal or says call can’t be completed.
                    Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                    This is pretty **** bad, I know of three people who cant get the website to even open, the phone number is busy all day... Here's some unemployment help, but you can't actually access it.....
                    It’s ridiculous...my daughter and her fiancé have both been laid off. They need help with 2 babies, house note, cars, insurance, etc. Neither of their employers seem to give a sh** or have contacted them about trying to keep their companies afloat with the stimulus. Thankfully my daughter’s fiancé was finally able to get his application for unemployment to go through but my daughter feels helpless. It’s beyond frustrating when the system is so overwhelmed and you can’t seem to even help yourself.

Comment

Working...
                    X