No announcement yet.

Let’s talk arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shoot ps26’s for 3D exclusively. I’ve shot one through a target, into a wood wall and the arrow still spun perfectly. Components aren’t top notch but I’ve had good luck with the arrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Easton ACC or FMJ

Comment

For hunting one of the best set ups is grizzlystiks. I shoot grizllystiks and blackeagle.

There are lots of good arrows out there. Look at what and how you want to design your arrow. Pick a average weight say 525. Then decide on broadhead. Take that weight and subtract. Do this with all the components. That will leave you with a number that you divide by your arrow length. That will,give you a gpi to build from.

Things to remember. If shooting fixed broadheads build the arrow with 15% foc minimum. This will help in tuning.

Comment

Good medicine.

Good luck Foxtrot.

Comment

Easton

Comment

Black eagle Rampage

Comment

I’ve been really happy with Victory VAP Elite 300’s with 95gr SS Inserts for last 5+ years. Add some moderately heavy Broadhead and you’ve got great FOC and they hit like a sledge hammer. I really like the micro (.166) arrows. Penetration is my #1. Im 495gr now with around 12-13% FOC. I’m about to be at around 570-600gr and ~18-20% FOC. Lots of good arrow choices out there. I’d recommend staying around 8.5-9.5gpi and keep a lot up front to get over 450-500gr. Good luck
                Last edited by mdnabors; 03-08-2020, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I shoot the axis 5mm with an 115 grain ethics insert and collar...was gonna do fmj but all the reviews saying they bend kept me away

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                    I’ve been really happy with Victory VAP Elite 300’s with 95gr SS Inserts for last 5+ years. Add some moderately heavy Broadhead and you’ve got great FOC and they hit like a sledge hammer. I really like the micro (.166) arrows. Penetration is my #1. Im 495gr now with around 12-13% FOC. I’m about to be at around 570-600gr and ~18-20% FOC. Lots of good arrow choices out there. I’d recommend staying around 8.5-9.5gpi and keep a lot up front to get over 450-500gr. Good luck
                    What lbs is your bow set at?

Comment

Originally posted by LouietheLurker View Post
                      What lbs is your bow set at?
                      Around 68#

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        I shoot FMJs. My only complaint is they seem to bend or break a lot.
                        That's a pretty good reason to switch...

I shot V3 VAPs a few years ago and I was disappointed in them. I never felt like I was shooting as good as I can, and after a few months of shooting them I bought an arrow spinner. They wobbled like hades. I was shooting the 95gr SS insert/outsert and thought it might be them causing the problem. Took a few off and the shafts still wobbled pretty good.

Shot Easton 6mm Axis last year and they spun either really good, or crappy.

Shooting some V3 V-Force this year and am happy so far, but haven't built them with the components I'll be hunting with yet(50gr brass and 125gr heads).

Good chance I'm going to eventually go back to 5mm Axis or some Black Eagles next. I'll either stick with .204 or .245/.246 shafts.
                        Last edited by quackadikt; 03-09-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks mdnabors

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            I shoot FMJs. My only complaint is they seem to bend or break a lot.
                            I experienced the same thing. I went on a whole skinny, micro shaft thing for a period of time and none were very durable. Went full circle, now back to gold tips.

Comment

Grizzlystik’s have my vote!

Comment

Easton ACC......tough as nails! Iv’e been shooting them 20+ years.

Comment

Working...
                                X