Turkey Broadhead ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Broadhead ?'s

I will be heading out after those lovesick birds this year, and I want to get it done with my bow. What is the best broadhead for turkeys out of a compound bow? Currently shooting QAD Exodus, but am thinking of going to a much larger cut head for turkeys. 70lb. Halon, 29", 30" 428gr. TAW Easton HEXX. I am open to both fixed and/or mechanicals. Thanks in advance!

Check out the Dirtnap gear Shredhead

Comment

I have been using the old 2 blade rage and it works good. If you want to try and head shot, i have used the Magnus Bullhead.
      Make sure a look at the anatomy of the turkey, looks like you are shooting to high but that is where you need to put the arrow.
      The saying goes "Shoot'em high, watch them die, Shoot'em low there they go" or something like that.

Comment

The most accurate one you got. They ain’t tough..... but they are 95% meat and feathers.

Comment

Rage 2 blades or extremes. Or the turkey heads. The nap spitfire gobbler getter works as well. As said above, shot placement is key

Comment

I like the guillotine heads

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! I am not planning on doing head shots, so I don't think I'll go with the Guillotine style heads. Someone suggested the Grim Reaper Whitetail Extreme 4 blade. Any thoughts? I like the size of the cut and the fact it has 4 blades, but is penetration an issue? I have heard a few bad things about the new Rage turkey head catching in the feathers and not penetrating at all.

Comment

Guillotine for head shots, expendables for body shots.
                Lots of feathers to get though so I stay away from fixed, and I dont do head shots.

Comment

Don't shoot them with mechanicals! They will open once it hits the feathers and not get good penetration. Then the turkey will run off with your $40 arrow and broad head.....
                  Trust me

Comment

I shoot the **** out of them with large mechanicals.. Grim Reaper 125Grain 1-3/4" Razorcuts to be exact. They are my current goto. I'd shoot the 2" whitetail special if I could find them in the 125Grain Razorcuts.

Small vitals.... big cuts ....win win........oh and you need to do your part with placement.....

Here's just an example....10 yard stumble after shot...

Click image for larger version

Name:	57567221077__365CBCA7-8BAA-4905-8983-132CE94D0716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	24609627

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8327.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	24609628

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8SlLj-qdzA"]Tom Green Tom slomo - YouTube[/ame]
                    Last edited by Smart; 03-02-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

NAP gobbler getters, killed 2 last spring with these. Passed almost all the way through but lots of damage and no tracking needed.

Comment

You won't have any issues shooting them with your current head. The ones I've killed with my bow have been with the ramcats I always shoot and they worked like a charm

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just use your current setup and shoot center mass. They won’t go far.

Comment

Turkey Broadhead ?'s

Some good references for shot placement for new folks looking at this thread .

“Shoot em high watch em die... shoot em low, watch em go”

Comment

Working...
                            X