Sendero value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    I recall a guy posting a similar gun I swore wasn’t legit. If I remember it WAS. There’s a post somewhere about it. It was way way different than any sendero I’ve seen or owned.
    Might have been me years ago, but I don't think I've ever posted pics on here. I have asked about it on another thread I think. I'll get some quick pics.

Comment

Not great pics I know, but maybe someone can shed some light. It's super smooth and shoots great. I've had it for approximately 25 years if that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well...from that pic it certainly doesn't appear to be a re-finish as the stamping is solid. For sure I would call big green & see if they could shed some light.

No idea what you got & can only assume the stock was replaced or you got some sort of proto-type if it left the factory that way?? I certainly have never seen a sendero in that configuration metal alone. Thanks for sharing & let us know if you find out anything.

Comment

Looks like a KDF gun and stock. My brother had a 270 KDF with the same looking stock

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Well...from that pic it certainly doesn't appear to be a re-finish as the stamping is solid. For sure I would call big green & see if they could shed some light.

No idea what you got & can only assume the stock was replaced or you got some sort of proto-type if it left the factory that way?? I certainly have never seen a sendero in that configuration metal alone. Thanks for sharing & let us know if you find out anything.
            I'll call them for sure. Can't imagine it is a replacement stock since I bought it new, but it could be. I'll let y'all if I find something out.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I recall a guy posting a similar gun I swore wasn’t legit. If I remember it WAS. There’s a post somewhere about it. It was way way different than any sendero I’ve seen or owned.

Yep that was me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                If they are Gen 1's in pristine condition and you want to sell them for $800ish then I'm interested..
                I’ve never sold a gun and have only bought a couple of guns used. The main reason, I have 3 is because, I never sell guns. . One day my boys will have fun arguing over the contents in my safe.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                  I'll call them for sure. Can't imagine it is a replacement stock since I bought it new, but it could be. I'll let y'all if I find something out.
                  Wished you had saved the box...would love to see what sticker said. If you bought it new with that finish / stock then remmy should be able to shed some light.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    I saw that when I was looking at some complete auctions & it blew my mind...I certainly would have bid against you but didn't catch it. Congrats on a good catch!!

How does it shoot??

I bought the same gun in a swift but yet to take it out for groups...just need to mount the scope.
                    I just got it a few weeks ago. I need to buy a scope and get it mounted. I have the same gun in 25-06 and it shoots great. I would never sell either one.

Comment

I actually checked into a rifle in 7stw just like this one a couple years back that burdett and son had in CS. Remington explained that it was a distributor exclusive they did for a short period of time with the vls stock and blued barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                        I just got it a few weeks ago. I need to buy a scope and get it mounted. I have the same gun in 25-06 and it shoots great. I would never sell either one.
                        Ditto! Now buy my scope already!

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                          Ditto! Now buy my scope already!
                          I’m bidding on one right now on eBay. Different from yours. We will see....

Comment

Originally posted by D-BULL View Post
                            $750
                            I’ve got one in a 270 that will keep sitting in the safe for that price

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                              Not great pics I know, but maybe someone can shed some light. It's super smooth and shoots great. I've had it for approximately 25 years if that helps.

These were a special run. Can't remember how many were made and what store it was for... They also had a special run of the Gen 1's that had a fluted barrel. I think they made 700 of them total. I have one with the fluted barrel in 25-06.

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
                                These were a special run. Can't remember how many were made and what store it was for... They also had a special run of the Gen 1's that had a fluted barrel. I think they made 700 of them total. I have one with the fluted barrel in 25-06.
                                Thanks for the info. I'll try to find out how many were made.

Comment

Working...
                                X