No announcement yet.

Corona Math

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The swine flu was pretty bad. Why want it worth a world economic meltdown?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post

I think my question is valid. I know no one has a reasonable answer to why the world has shut down. Except the answer some of yall dont want to except.
      I'd say a large percentage of the reason governments are doing what they are is pure cover your ***. In the off chance this is the next Spanish Flu, no leader wants to be the guy in the history books who didn't act. Seems to be a reactionary wave like a lot of policy; starts in one place and everyone else follows.

Like others have mentioned there is no downside. Whether it fizzles or blows up victory will be claimed.

Comment

FTR - I do (and always have) agree if we 100% ignored COVID it would be much worse as far as how many get it and dies from it.

But IMO at this point we've gone way way way too far.. Going to cost more lives than the virus takes. Going to force millions upon millions back to work and out of retirement. Costing millions their business..etc.

I'm sure the media will start telling us the real numbers and facts soon...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Nice move, answer a question by asking a question.

Knowing there is no possible way i could answer your question.

I think my question is valid. I know no one has a reasonable answer to why the world has shut down. Except the answer some of yall dont want to except.

Answer: There is a virus that is spreading faster than any other in the past that is new and we have no immunity to. No vaccinations, no cure, no treatment. You are spreading the virus without even knowing you are ill. It has the ability to spread faster than our medical infrastructure can handle.So we are to separate our self's for a little while to slow the spread.

It is that simple. It is not a conspiracy. It is not a plot against Trump.

The Dems dont have that power.

The MSM dont have that power.

The US does not have that power.

Slowed it down so much hospitals are laying off nurses and the economy is collapsing to the point we won’t be able to fight the virus once we go back to whatever.

It’s out there, and it doesn’t appear to be dieing with warmer weather, so we’re just wasting time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
            Nearly 10% of people aged over 80 will die in the next year, Prof Sir David Spiegelhalter, at the University of Cambridge, points out, and the risk of them dying if infected with coronavirus is almost exactly the same.
            Yes old people die......

But so do young people with a deadly virus.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              Uhhh.. First off you answered my original question with a question. But nice try.

And I fully understand what you're saying. I was saying that back at the end of January. And I never said, as did no one here, that it's a plot against Trump. But if you don't think the Dems are using this to smear Trump you're way past naive...Just leave it at that.

And why would it be impossible to find out what qualifies as a COVID related death? It would be impossible for me to answer that question....

I think you're WAY behind on this topic BTW. No offense. We are past the point of knowing what it is.. We just think most of America needs to get past it. Let able bodied people go back to work if they choose.

We dont know what it is. It has now changed 8 different strains, mutations... whatever you want to call it the last time i looked. That was a few days ago. The virus is not the same in every country.

I guess i am behind. But yes no offense taken. Guys this to me is just a conversation around a campfire over a LOT of beers. I also mean no harm, anger, offense to any of yall for your thoughts.

Did you read the thread/s about killing more people by shutting down the economy than the virus will kill?

I have read about people suicide because of $$$. To me that is horrible, Freaking nightmare, that is how my 2020 started out. Lost a friend who the girlfriend says killed himself but i was with him that day. A few hours before he was shot in the chest. Investigation is still open. But yeah, it starting to look more like suicide.

I beat myself up, why did i not catch what he was saying? Reality is, if someone i going to commit suicide, you wont know it, and you cant stop them.

Agree to disagree, and hope i am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                The swine flu was pretty bad. Why want it worth a world economic meltdown?

Gary
                It was bad, but this aint the flu....

This one is much faster spreading and much longer incubation period for symptoms while still being contagious.

That is the kick in the ****! You dont even know you have it but you are sharing it with everyone. Our test results are weeks behind. We actually have " walking dead among us" they/we just dont know they are dead yet cause they dont even have a cough.

That child at my kids school got it from a band teacher she never had contact with. She is on a vent, in critical condition and based on numbers wont make it.

That could of been my daughter!!!!

Swine flu
                regular flu

You know when you start getting sick. Also your body already has been exposed to the virus so you have antibodies in place to help start the battle. Give you the upper hand

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Slowed it down so much hospitals are laying off nurses and the economy is collapsing to the point we won’t be able to fight the virus once we go back to whatever.

It’s out there, and it doesn’t appear to be dieing with warmer weather, so we’re just wasting time.

You got it, nailed it. The purpose was to slow it down so we are not overwhelmed like Europe.

Sorry for quoting each post individual. I dont know how to do the multi quote deal.

and again, i agree to disagree. I aint mad at yall. I am scared for my financial future just like the next person.

Just earlier this year i thought i lost it all and came to terms with it. I have my family back. You can take my money but you aint getting my family without a fight.

Comment

Mike sorry for your daughters friend on a vent. I would guess she was not a healthy kid. Doesn’t seem fair not to live as a healthy kid and then to get this virus. This virus is very similar to the flu in that it is fatal to those already weakened. Unfortunately the human herd will have to be exposed and immunity will have to be built. It will be around next year and hope we have vaccine maybe by then. If not many will have built immunity through exposure

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      Mike sorry for your daughters friend on a vent. I would guess she was not a healthy kid. Doesn’t seem fair not to live as a healthy kid and then to get this virus. This virus is very similar to the flu in that it is fatal to those already weakened. Unfortunately the human herd will have to be exposed and immunity will have to be built. It will be around next year and hope we have vaccine maybe by then. If not many will have built immunity through exposure

I hope you are right. And no, that baby girl had no health issues. Or family history.

The only thing from my understanding it has in common with the flu is it is a virus.

It is not the flu. It does not effect the body the way the flu does.

Maybe this doctor is nuts but he scares me. Not for my life personally. But for the ones around me. My family my friends, my TBH brothers. Ones I have met and majority I will never meet but we are community/family.

Yeah I might be the crazy uncle.... but I still love y’all.

Is this doctor a fear monger? If it was not in my face I would say yes and be saying same thing.

Meh, just a flu! How many people die on car wrecks, how many suicide....

Anyhow wish all y’all family’s physical and mental health.

My world got turned upside down and then all the pieces fell back in place. Right before all this.

I learned do this day by day and enjoy every moment you have. I am not worried or stressed about this.

But I also calculate the risk I am willing to take.

Comment

Why does no one ever mention the 228,923 people that have recovered out of the 1,098,434 that has been infected? The world dwells on negative because it sells better.

Comment

Originally posted by dharris View Post
                          Why does no one ever mention the 228,923 people that have recovered out of the 1,098,434 that has been infected? The world dwells on negative because it sells better.
                          Agreed! I’m tracking this number closely...it’s beginning to show a flattening pattern.

Comment

Working...
                          X