Custom Crappie Rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Crappie Rods

My son has always been a die hard fisherman from the time he could walk. He fished high-school tournaments and fished at the college level for Sam Houston State also and qualified for the FLW national championship in Maryland 2 years ago and they placed 10th in the nation. He started tying crappie jigs a couple years ago for me and him and I could tell his passion for anything fishing was insane! The more he tied the better he got and now he can tie with the best of them out there. He got into rod building a year or so ago and has been watching numerous videos of how and what to do so he would have good basic knowledge when he started. He was given a 7ft mh blank by a friend which he made me his first rod ever a month or so ago and boy it was nice and I was impressed with his detail and craftsmanship. We tested that rod out and it had caught numerous bass already and is going strong. I ask him to build a crappie rod since we do alot of crappie fishing and he absolutely knocked it out of park but it was his rod lol. The day he finished it I sent him to tackle warehouse to get stuff to build me one. Lets just say he will be building many rods for me in the future. I will let the pics speak for themselves
    Attached Files

Very nice!! Talented boy you raised there!

Comment

Very nice! I love seeing stuff people make with their own hands!

Comment

Very impressive!

Comment

Those look great Mike. If he ever does get to tying some more crappie jigs let me know I would still like to get a few. Maybe now I might need a rod to go with them.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
            Those look great Mike. If he ever does get to tying some more crappie jigs let me know I would still like to get a few. Maybe now I might need a rod to go with them.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
            He is tying but not alot. He is very serious about doing it on the side but he wants to able to make sure he has the time to commit to it

Comment

Very nice! I love hand made stuff!

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                  Very nice! I love hand made stuff!
                  Thanks Doug! He is very passionate about anything fishing lol

Comment

How did the apple fall so far from the tree!?[emoji23][emoji111]

Proud dad and great work! Let me know when he is ready for a 2 piece 13 footer![emoji33]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      How did the apple fall so far from the tree!?[emoji23][emoji111]

Proud dad and great work! Let me know when he is ready for a 2 piece 13 footer![emoji33]
                      It didn't fall that far lol! I have plenty in the DYI section lol it's just not fishing related, it's welding 😁👍

Comment

That's good work on those rods. I met y'all at Rayburn, your son is a fine young man and has some real skills. Good job Dad.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                          That's good work on those rods. I met y'all at Rayburn, your son is a fine young man and has some real skills. Good job Dad.
                          Thank you sir for the kind words! We hope to break them in good this weekend at Rayburn

Comment

Very nice!! How long are the crappie rods?

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                              Very nice!! How long are the crappie rods?
                              These are one piece 7ft light action moderate fast

Comment

Working...
                              X