Who has the most remote camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has the most remote camp?

Just wondering who has the most remote camp. Post them up with pics. Could be a fish camp only accessible by boat, could be a remote camp with no electricity. Just curious if there are any places left like that.

Before I bought my own place, I leased 9k acres in kent County. Camp had electric and a water well so not primitive but it was 7.5 miles through the property from the paved fm road. About a 25 min drive from gate to camp. You never heard or saw a sole save for other hunters out there. You would resent 1 one plane that might fly over for the weekend because it invaded your air space.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted 4700 acres in Edwards county. We had water and electricity but the county road was 20 miles after you left the blacktop and took between one and two hours depending on the road conditions. There were four water crossings that were not passible after a big rain.

Comment

We 12k in Hall co, camp is a 20 min ride from gate.

Comment

Out west hunting we hiked in 6 miles last year. At 9k elevation.

The year prior, 7 miles in. I think we were at 7k for that one.

Both times camped next to water. Had battery backups for charging phones.

Comment

I can see Burger King and a liquor store from my stand, so I’m out. Different issues altogether- making sure to lock my truck, people parked in front of the gate doing who knows what, even a police chase through the property with k9 and thermal drones.

Comment

Our "camp" is usually up in the forest somewhere or if we draw LQ elk , we set up on our 1 acre lot within the NF.
              Our lot is about 1 hr from home and has no water or power. We're working on getting a well put in.

We spent 21 days in this wall tent last year and probably do about the same this year with a trip west for moose, we hope.
              Attached Files

Comment

^^^thats cool wytex!^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jhunter77 View Post
                  Just wondering who has the most remote camp. Post them up with pics. Could be a fish camp only accessible by boat, could be a remote camp with no electricity. Just curious if there are any places left like that.
                  I hunted a place in Pearsall that didn't have water or electricity

Comment

Lots of drop camps still in use. Alaska especially

Comment

Cool post up pics if you got them.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                        Our "camp" is usually up in the forest somewhere or if we draw LQ elk , we set up on our 1 acre lot within the NF.
                        Our lot is about 1 hr from home and has no water or power. We're working on getting a well put in.

We spent 21 days in this wall tent last year and probably do about the same this year with a trip west for moose, we hope.
                        This looks absolutely idyllic!

Comment

Moose camp in my super secret area of AK. Was home for over 2 weeks in 2019 and will be home for almost 3 this September 2021. Will take this location to my grave. No water besides a river, and no electricity. Over 100 miles from anything, an hour and a half bush flight to the nearest bush runway.

Our ranch here in TX isn’t exactly remote being as town is 20 miles but all we have is a well and gravity fed water from there. Makes weekends hunting deer a nice getaway to unplug from everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

56 miles down a dirt road in AZ..thought we would be alone..... we werent.... we had couse deer tags, i think it was in october. We entered at seven springs road then followed some rabdom fire roads. We had 3 tents and one guy pulled a travel trailer out there he had rigged to pull down sketchy dirt roads lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We have had some pretty remote camps
                              1. Walker ranch 20 miles of dirt county roads then 10 miles and two dry creek crossing, no electrical, no water, and if it rained you were pretty much not getting out till it dries out
                              2. Kennedy ranch , 14 miles of sand road to camp area , no electric, rain made for easygoing on travel
                              3. Mule deer camp north of van horn , very cruddy road about 40 miles couple hours of driving in teeth jarring roads

Nothing really really remote considering you could drive to them

Forgot Mexico, dirt road, about 20 gates with different keys, no electric or water
                              Rain and you better have some supplies there

Comment

Working...
                              X