Hey TBH's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey TBH's!

Get ready for rolling blackouts the next few days. Should last 15 to 30 minutes is my information. Flash light, candles etc. Good luck everyone!

I saw lcra said this. Everyone be prepared!!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here, we got a warning email from CoServ about probable outages and a strong request for customers to do what they can to reduce usage over the coming days.

Comment

For the entire state?
        Weve been getring power dips for 2 days. Weve already filled bathtub with water, filled water jugs for camper, got a fire going, and ready to live in camper for a few days with generator if need be.

Comment

I’ve keeping the fireplace going and leaving all the lights off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
            For the entire state?
            Weve been getring power dips for 2 days. Weve already filled bathtub with water, filled water jugs for camper, got a fire going, and ready to live in camper for a few days with generator if need be.
            Ercot grid which I believe covers nearly all of Texas. Local coops have to abide by their decisions are face fines. That's my understanding.

Comment

So far so good... for now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sunday through Tuesday will be the test. Would not be surprised if we experienced rolling blackouts. These power plants aren’t made to run 24/7 in this kind of prolonged deep cold. Some of them are going to trip offline. Couple that with high demand and transmission lines breaking with the ice and it’s a perfect storm. If you’ve got a fireplace, I hope you have a good stockpile of wood. Also want to make sure you’ve got candles, batteries/flashlights, and blankets. It’s going to be a rough 4 or 5 days ahead. If you’ve got plenty of provisions, don’t forget to check in on your neighbors. Especially those that are ill, handicapped, or elderly. Model Christ. Titus 2:7 and 1 Peter 2:21.

Comment

Got the same message from LCRA . Rolling blackouts starting Monday

Comment

Whole house generator is ready at the moment their is a surge of any type!!! Gonna be a crazy but exciting next few days.

Comment

Should be a pretty good indication of how unprepared we are to turn our back on fossil fuels

Think of all of the natural gas furnaces that only use electricity for fans etc. imagine if all of those were replaced with electric heaters.

I hope people have gas or wood burning fireplaces to help

But we aren’t ready for this all electric bull snot

Will be buying a natural gas whole house as soon as I can afford it.

Comment

We were out of power for 27 hours from 1:30 Thursday afternoon until about 4:30 Friday afternoon due to ice on trees and power lines.

Comment

Thanks for the PSA MrDoghouse.

On Thursday evening I staged and tested the generators, wrangled up a few small space heaters, dusted off the short extension cords, staged a couple jerry cans full of water, made sure flashlights and batteries handy, double checked 500 gal propane tank is at 50%, moved more wood close to house porch, tarped the already covered well, brought the dogs in...**** they need a bath.

Ive got enough stink-good candles to supply all of TBH.

Yesterday I ran vacant properties and made sure heat was on 60 degrees, opened up cabinets with plumbing on outside wall, shut water off at personal cutoff at street...and moved on.

Friday we had power lines come down at a property simply due to ice and wind load.

I pray for everybody it doesnt get super windy.

Comment

Yeah I got a email saying to expect high electric bill because we are probably using more electricity. Really I did not know that! Good gruef!

Comment

It says something when a company decides to shut down 10 fractionaters because the price of electricity goes from 3¢ to 3$.

Comment

Working...
                              X