No announcement yet.

600k budget. where would you buy hunting/camping land for you/wife/young kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

600k budget. where would you buy hunting/camping land for you/wife/young kids

is there much land in tx that has yet to be diced up/pimped out/shot up, for 600k or less? bass pond wouldn't hurt, either.

What part of the State will you be looking at? I’ve seen some land west of Fort Worth recently, and got a client a good deal in Henderson County a couple of months ago.

Comment

IM biased. I did a little hunting in that area about a month ago, and now I am ruined. lol

Comment

Where do you live?

Comment

im in inez.. but have hunted all over the state, ok, mi, etc

i currently own a small place in jw county, and we now have lots of deer. i want to buy another place, vs add acreage to existing property

Comment

I’d probably look between menard and el dorado and make sure there was axis around. Best balance of price/acre and quality of game.

Comment

Far north Texas on the Red River in Cooke or Montague counties.

Comment

I'd try Edwards County - hunting year round for exotics; pretty scenario; etc. But yes some of it has been chopped into subdivisions you have to avoid.

Comment

realtors, PLS don't message me. i already have an agent/friend that i purchased a couple properties through. post is to enlighten me on other areas of texas, that other people have favorable things to say about, not just marketing..

Comment

I bought out near Junction with a similar budget 9 years ago with the same objectives (except the bass pond). For that you may do better north.
                    Last edited by timoub007; 01-01-2021, 07:01 PM. Reason: More info

Comment

I have been looking around as we might sell some of what we have and look for same. Honestly the amount of land and timber you can buy in Oklahoma is crazy compared to Texas. Some have bass lakes or good fishing close and many have spring fed creeks. JMO.
                      If I stayed in Texas it would be Menard Mason are but for $600k budget might only find a couple hundred acres.

Comment

My brother in law and sister bought 12 acres along the Brazos right below PK for 199k. It’s split up into a tiny community, but there are only a handful of lots. Ive seen good deer, and my 5 yr old nephew has killed 3 hogs on it the last few weeks. Like I said not amazing land for $200k, but a dang good get away and camping ground. They’re in the process of starting a barndo build here next month.

Comment

Go south.

Comment

I asked a similar question on the north texas thread, minecwas based more on trophy quality counties up north tx. For land at 1k an acre and still a good chance at a big wt I dont see where you could go wrong up there, the hill country and south texas you better have deep pockets for a place of any size.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                              https://www.landsoftexas.com/propert...Texas/8408787/

IM biased. I did a little hunting in that area about a month ago, and now I am ruined. lol
                              How was the hunting? You see alot of deer?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X