Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatchewan Whitetail Outfitter Reccomendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatchewan Whitetail Outfitter Reccomendations?

I have shot tons of 'nice' whitetail bucks 130-145. I really want a nice mount of a trophy 170+ gross whitetail buck. Must be low fence wild deer.

Anyone have any recommendations? Really would prefer Saskatchewan, but open to Wisconsin or other north central US/Canada hunts. I don't want to show up to a crowded hunt, I want personalized attention, want STRICT protocols in place to keep folks from shooting young bucks, nice accommodations.

Went to Illinois this year and was disappointed with the outfitter. It was a relatively 'cheap' hunt amazing genetics and body size on the deer but there were WAY more hunters in camp than I was expecting, they shot tons of 2 and 3 year old deer, (ruining the next two years of trophy hunting) and the accommodations were dirty, old, and crowded. Food was actually good, so there is that. PM me if you are curious.

I can pass on some outfitters. I have on my work computer so will be Monday. you may get lucky on day one but it may take 3-4 years....but you have to be where they are and you are looking in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
      I can pass on some outfitters. I have on my work computer so will be Monday. you may get lucky on day one but it may take 3-4 years....but you have to be where they are and you are looking in the right place.
      Thank you looking forward to it.

Comment

I would look at Brad fry and his outfit real hard. He doesn’t market heavily, but most the Canadian hunters speak highly of him for Saskatchewan.

Comment

I’ve never had a desire to chase whitetail anywhere other than Texas, except Canada. Watching Jim Shockey hunting up there when I was younger always made it a dream of mine. One day I will hunt up there.

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
            I would look at Brad fry and his outfit real hard. He doesn’t market heavily, but most the Canadian hunters speak highly of him for Saskatchewan.
            Will check it out.

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I’ve never had a desire to chase whitetail anywhere other than Texas, except Canada. Watching Jim Shockey hunting up there when I was younger always made it a dream of mine. One day I will hunt up there.
            Destination hunts can be fun. Even though I live in Idaho and get resident elk tags now I will still apply in other states for Elk and Mulies. Heck even hunting different ecoregions of Texas was nice for a change of pace. North Idaho grows some whopper bucks, I intend to chase them next fall, but I want to up my odds by a lot.

Comment

We hunted spring bears a few years back with Dave Archer. I think it’s DNA guide service. His place is awesome and we found some monster sheds. Easy drive out of Saskatoon as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Heavens Gate

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                  Will check it out.

Destination hunts can be fun. Even though I live in Idaho and get resident elk tags now I will still apply in other states for Elk and Mulies. Heck even hunting different ecoregions of Texas was nice for a change of pace. North Idaho grows some whopper bucks, I intend to chase them next fall, but I want to up my odds by a lot.
                  I’m weird I guess, I’m not a “huge” hunter. Lol. I love it but not enough to travel all over the country or world hunting. I have a bunch of family that lives in southwest Montana and farms near Hamilton, and I’ve never even considered trying to make a hunt. Just not real interested in it. Now fishing, I’m down for just about anything, anywhere. Lol. That’s just my thing.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by MIHunter View Post
                      Following
                      X2

Comment

A friend of mine I hunted with in south Texas wanted the same thing and wanted to kill a big Canadian buck. He booked and froze his ... Off and said he saw more bucks and just as good in a day in south Texas rut than he did for a week there. My son and I bow hunted golden triangle outfitters in Illinois and I wouldn't recommend them either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                          Did you find anything?

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            A friend of mine I hunted with in south Texas wanted the same thing and wanted to kill a big Canadian buck. He booked and froze his ... Off and said he saw more bucks and just as good in a day in south Texas rut than he did for a week there. My son and I bow hunted golden triangle outfitters in Illinois and I wouldn't recommend them either.
                            I hear ya but South Texas is out of my price range unless I get some kind of buddy hook up or something. All the good land is leased at $15,000 a year to wealthy Houston and Dallas executives and require trips to feed protein and corn, game cam pics of the bucks on the hit list must be agreed to etc. All that contributes to big deer, just not something I can or want to make happen.

x2 on the Illinois hunt, it is the same one I went with.

Comment

Check out Wade Maynard with Lost Creek Outfitters out of Carrot River, Saskatchewan.
                              Home Page for Lost Creek Outfitters, Saskatchewan Hunting and Guiding, Whitetail Deer, Upland Birds, Waterfowl, with Accommodations.

I hunted archery Black Bear with Wade years ago up in Northern Saskatchewan and he was really good. If I were going to hunt Whitetails in Saskatchewan, I would call him in a heart beat.

Comment

Working...
                              X