New to Bow Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Bow Hunting

Just wanted to say hello to everyone as I’m new.

Grew up a bird hunter and only started deer hunting the past 10 years or so but always with a rifle.

My wife’s family has land in Henderson county and she has, as I like to say, “antler envy.” The past 4 years I’ve work to set up food plots, stands and feeders for her to hunt with a rifle. We’ve always enjoyed ways to extend the season and this year I bought her a crossbow a few weeks back as there have been several nice deer on camera with consistency. I personally have enjoyed coming home from the hospital in the evenings and shooting the crossbow in our pasture, been very relaxing. Enjoyed it so much I started looking at compound bows and found out a buddy of mines Dad has a Matthews Heli-M his wife gave him back in 2012 that’s brand new in box. Did my research and got my draw length measured, I like the bow and it’s fairly well ready to go. So, being a rookie I came here hoping to learn something and make some friends potentially in the process. I have a feeling I’ve opened a whole new can of worms I’ll enjoy. Best of luck with the season! My wife got her hit list buck this morning, great start to fall!

Originally posted by Flyway12 View Post
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone as I’m new.

Grew up a bird hunter and only started deer hunting the past 10 years or so but always with a rifle.

My wife’s family has land in Henderson county and she has, as I like to say, “antler envy.” The past 4 years I’ve work to set up food plots, stands and feeders for her to hunt with a rifle. We’ve always enjoyed ways to extend the season and this year I bought her a crossbow a few weeks back as there have been several nice deer on camera with consistency. I personally have enjoyed coming home from the hospital in the evenings and shooting the crossbow in our pasture, been very relaxing. Enjoyed it so much I started looking at compound bows and found out a buddy of mines Dad has a Matthews Heli-M his wife gave him back in 2012 that’s brand new in box. Did my research and got my draw length measured, I like the bow and it’s fairly well ready to go. So, being a rookie I came here hoping to learn something and make some friends potentially in the process. I have a feeling I’ve opened a whole new can of worms I’ll enjoy. Best of luck with the season! My wife got her hit list buck this morning, great start to fall!
    bowhunting is very addictive. get a couple of deer 10 or 12 yards from you and it's a whole new ball game.

Good luck and enjoy. it's gonna be a ride.

Comment

Welcome tot he fire! You will love it! I’m located in Henderson County as well just west of Athens in LaRue. Quite a few members here local to the area.

Comment

Welcome My Friend! Glad to have you here!

Comment

Awesome sir. Let’s see a picture of her deer. Tell her congrats.

Oh and thanks for whatever it is you do at a hospital.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

No thanks to be had here FishNDude, I’m just a veterinarian. Not one of the folks battling on the human side.

Antlers86 my wife’s family is from the Leagueville area. Her cousin has family down around LaRue.

Glad to see you here FVR, didn’t know how many folks I’d find here from Fowler forum etc. already saw Skack is around, haven’t heard from him in years.

Comment

No thanks to be had here FishNDude, I’m just a veterinarian. Not one of the folks battling on the human side.

Antlers86 my wife’s family is from the Leagueville area. Her cousin has family down around LaRue.

Glad to see you here FVR, didn’t know how many folks I’d find here from Fowler forum etc. already saw Skack is around, haven’t heard from him in years.
                Send me a PM with name. My wife grew up here and I know quite a few folks around as well. I know majority of the vets in town so we may already know one another.

Comment

I’m going to have to work on posting pictures. I’ll try to attach one
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                    Send me a PM with name. My wife grew up here and I know quite a few folks around as well. I know majority of the vets in town so we may already know one another.
                    I’ll message as soon as I can, my post count has to be over 15 before I can send a PM lol.

Comment

I’ll message as soon as I can, my post count has to be over 15 before I can send a PM lol.
                      Get to posting!!! What vet office are you at?

Comment

I’m going to have to work on posting pictures. I’ll try to attach one
                        Congrats to her! Great buck

Comment

He dont go by skack over here. He done got dignified

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            Get to posting!!! What vet office are you at?
                            I bought Animal Hospital of Frisco back in July of 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                              He dont go by skack over here. He done got dignified

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                              Yeah I saw that. I’ve known him since the SDH days, Old habits die hard.

Comment

Working...
                              X