2020 Grayson/Collin County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2020 Grayson/Collin County Thread

I didn't see one of these started yet. So, I figured I'd kick it off. Just got the cams rolling again yesterday so I'm hoping to have some good stuff to show here soon. I'm anxious to see what these guys end up looking like this year. I've seen the main target buck in velvet I'm pretty sure and he's really blown up this year. He just may bump into the 180's. I think he's going to be priority number one.

I think this is the #1. He's gained a good amount of size from last year and I'm pretty sure he is 6 this year at the least, maybe 7. I've walked him the last 3 seasons and I think he's getting to the point where it's his time or no time.

This guy is one that I'd also drop the string on given the chance. Not sure of his age. But, in the limited pictures I got of him, he should be old enough this year.

Then, there's this guy who is an absolute giant for his age. Look at his body. I don't think this buck is but 3.5 at the most. I just hope he's stayed healthy over the offseason and he stays away from all the trigger happy hunters around us. He is going to be an absolute stud in the coming years. He will get walked by me like buck #1. I just want to give him every chance to get to the right age. If another hunter kills him it will be sad, but at least I will have done everything I can. He got a pass from me twice last season.

Anyone else have some bucks they're chasing in a few of the last "holy grail" counties left in Texas?

I'll never see him in daylight again....

Some great bucks you have there!

Hoping this guy makes a mistake.

Not a Booner, but plenty big nuff for me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200729_123941.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	24625232

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
      Some great bucks you have there!

Hoping this guy makes a mistake.

Not a Booner, but plenty big nuff for me!

[ATTACH]1012817[/ATTACH]
      He's **** nice, and plenty mature enough looking at the body structure. I hope he walks out for you as well! I'd be absolutely pleased with him.

Comment

I hunt no where near Grayson but I sure do love following this thread to see all the giants that get posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
          I hunt no where near Grayson but I sure do love following this thread to see all the giants that get posted.
          I can change that. I've got a really, really nice property!

Comment

Looks good neighbor. Hope to see this guy from last season.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
              I can change that. I've got a really, really nice property!
              I have $11... will that cover it?

Comment

I have $11... will that cover it?

May need to save a tadddd bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
                  Oh yeaaa! He NICE! Looks like similar genetics to my #1 buck.

Comment

Same here. I always like following the north Texas threads, y’all have some awesome bucks once you get past Deep Ellum! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                      Same here. I always like following the north Texas threads, y’all have some awesome bucks once you get past Deep Ellum! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a good belly laugh out of that last part of that comment. [emoji1787]

Hopefully I’ve got some good results to show like last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post

Hey that house is looking good too! I enjoy watching it change every time I drive by.

Comment

nice.. just checked cameras today and no bucks, hopefully that will change

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                            nice.. just checked cameras today and no bucks, hopefully that will change

Yea it should soon. Mainly reason I don’t turn cams on till this time every year. They just don’t hit any sort of hand feed until around this time of year.

Comment

It’s that magical time of year. The big boys are starting to roam. I have some pretty good ideas on which buck this is. I think he’s only 4.5 though. He will be a tough one to let pass. I really like what he’s doing with that extra main beam.

Comment

Working...
                              X